This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I like to tell myself that winter is my favorite season. There are so many holidays back to back to celebrate with family and friends. Also, I was born in December, so I feel the need to always defend winter as the greatest of all time. But, I am unfortunately delusional because I am always so happy in the summer. My favorite season of all time is when it is warm enough to read outside while getting a nice tan. Whether it involves relaxing by the pool, laying in my driveway, or a nice picnic with some friends, I will find every excuse to curl up with a romance book. Here are some of my favorite summer reads to definitely get you in the mood for the upcoming season. 

Beach Read by Emily Henry: 

If the name doesn’t speak for itself, this book is perfect for your next summer vacation. Following two rival bestselling authors on their journey to take a walk in the other’s shoes. I love this book! It was my first Emily Henry book and ever since I have become obsessed with her! She definitely writes some of the best romance novels and I was one of the first in line when her newest book was released April 23rd of this year. 

Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren: 

This is the first book I will be reading once I am finished with my upcoming finals. The story follows two sworn enemies(ahhh I know I’m obsessed already) who are forced together as members of a wedding party. When the bride and groom fall ill, the two enemies are forced to take their reservation on their honeymoon to Hawaii. I can already tell this book is going to skyrocket to one of my all time favorites.

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid:

I will find any excuse to talk about this book. Literally in almost every conversation, I will bring up this story. This was a novel that completely transformed me as a reader. I went from reading maybe one or two books a year to finishing a book every week. I loved the style of Evelyn Hugo telling her own story and just being an absolute girl boss throughout the entire novel. Please, please go read this book so we can talk about it together.

The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas: 

Another book that I feel is 100% about summer and is perfect to read by the poolside. This book has some of my favorite tropes of all time including enemies to lovers(more like silly ‘ugh I hate you’ enemies to lovers), workplace romance, and fake dating, which I’ve learned is the very best trope of all time. This book is just so silly and romantic and I am currently grinning like a fool just talking about it. It is definitely a great romance to read this summer.

Kendell is a writer at the Her Campus Purdue University chapter. She's been a part of Purdue's Her Campus chapter since fall of 2023. Her favorite topics to write about include entertainment, the music industry and about her favorite experiences around campus. Beyond Her Campus, Kendell is a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Communications with a minor in History and Creative Writing. Originally from Noblesville, Indiana, she grew up visiting West Lafayette and loves the student life. In her free time, Kendell enjoys listen to music especially Taylor Swift. She is also really into reading and loves to talk about her latest reads, majority of which involve romance. She loves to bake and back home is known for her banana bread muffins, coffee cake and chocolate chip cookies.