Pretty in Dark Pink: Review of Rimmel London’s Provocalips 16 Hr Kiss Proof Lip Colour line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

For anyone looking for a new lip color, “I’ll Call You” is a dark pink lip stain in Rimmel London’s Provocalips 16 Hr Kiss Proof Lip Colour line. It retails at $6.47 at Walmart, but can be found in most Rimmel London sections at Target, drugstores, and Ulta. This product is an extremely good steal for the bargain buyers out there who, like me, do not wish to spend a lot of money at high-end makeup counters.

I was so ecstatic to try the lip stain for the first time as it boasts 16 hours of wear. The two-step application process features a doe foot applicator on each side, making it easy to apply. It is like a two for one deal, which makes it super easy to carry around. The packaging provides a preview of what the color of the lip stain looks like without opening it so you know what color you’re getting. I had no trouble finding it in my bag, which is known to be a black hole for everything. This gorgeous pink stain is perfect for a long day of classes as well as going out at night, and it seems to last forever! I even took a paper towel to my lips just to investigate how transferable the color is and almost nothing came off.

The two-step application process includes the color and the gloss. Step one consists of applying a sticky formula.  It may need to be applied more than once, as the color is not completely opaque. Step two consists of applying the gloss which is designed to lock in all of the color and moisture. However, I had to wait a couple minutes before applying it,  so that the color that had already been applied, didn’t get messed up. The gloss removed all the stickiness of step one and made my lips shine. Unfortunately, the shine went away and became matte after a couple minutes.

After a couple hours, I completely forgot that I was still wearing the lip stain! It was still clearly visible but just a bit smeared due to eating. Unlike some lipsticks, the formula did not get on my teeth so I had no trouble with people staring at my mouth. I was even told by someone that my face radiated, even though I was only wearing the  mascara and the lip stain. The only negative was the lip stain is very difficult to remove. I found myself frantically was scrubbing my lips, something I was not prepared to do the first time I wore it. When removing the lip stain, I recommend an oil based makeup remover so that the lipstick dissolves. The lip stain left my lips feeling moisturized, with zero drying or flaking. For those of you who wish to go from pretty in pink to rebellious in red, Rimmel London’s Provocalips 16 Hr Kiss Proof Lip Colour Line comes in 12 different colors. Overall, this product proved to be successful and I would highly recommend it for anyone who is sick of their lip color fading.

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.
Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.