This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Podcasts have become a quite popular choice of entertainment. It is essentially “free entertainment on-the-go.” Podcasts can be found on the Podcast app that comes right with your iPhone, as well as other Podcast apps in the App Store. The wide variety of genres and topics available, are endless. From crime to light-hearted content, there is a podcast out there for you! You can listen to episodes on commutes to school, as well as letting it play aloud while working on something else. There is no need to use a screen, all you need is to listen with your ears! Quite recently, there have been five different podcasts I’ve been enjoying and investing my time to listen to.

Gals on the Go

The co-hosts of this podcast are Danielle Carolan, a University of Georgia college student, and Brooke Miccio, a recent graduate from the same university. They are best friends, as well as Youtubers with their own channels. Danielle and Brooke share and discuss topics ranging from balancing life as a full time youtuber and student to tips on productivity. On the occasion, they have even brought in special guests to answer questions and share different perspectives on a mix of topics. Their content is authentic and relatable to many college students and of those who are within the close age demographic as the two gals. Check them out every Wednesday!

ABG-AsianBossGirl

ABG features three Asian-American boss ladies who work conventional 9 to 5 jobs, respectively in finance, tech, and social media production. Helen Wu, Janet Wang, and Melody Cheng attract the audience demographic of 20 to 30-year-olds, as they are within that age demographic as well. They share their unique perspectives and stories on topics ranging from their own cultural upbringings to their own life journeys as working Asian American women. It is guaranteed that you will be entertained by each of their different yet harmonious personalities and informed about their Asian American backgrounds.

The Skinny Confidential Him & Her

Lauryn Evarts and husband, Michael Bosstick, host an “entrepreneurial” podcast to which they bring in and interview celebrities, experts, influencers, and leaders to chat about a variety of REAL stuff. This podcast is truly informative and deep, which is why it has the effect of pulling you right into the conversation. They touch on quite literally all aspects of life. Both individuals are intelligent and embody the true definitions of entrepreneurs and hustlers. They both have built a five-star reviewed brand for themselves, so check them out to be inspired.

The Success Express 

The Success Express is a phenomenal podcast brought to you by the CCO at Purdue University, for current and rising college students. Students walk away feeling motivated and informed about how to succeed as a student wanting to pursue a future in the real world. Topics range from tips on how to build a resume to bringing insight on the truths of the life transition from an undergrad to a first job. A listen to this success train of a podcast, will only leave you one step closer to succeeding on your journey as an undergraduate.

Stupid Genius with Emma Chamberlain

Stupid Genius is exactly what this podcast is! This light-hearted and humorous podcast hosted by Youtuber, Emma Chamberlain, answers questions you may not have truly known the answer to. Each episode focuses on a random question, such as “Why Are Humans Ticklish” and throughout the entirety of the episode, Emma attempts to guess, with three chances, the answer to the question. She shares her own thoughts and theories, bringing in her quirky and authentic personality, which truly lightens up the whole episode. She is real and unfiltered, which is the core reason as to why you should hear her out.

Sharon is pursuing an undergraduate degree in PR & Strategic Communications at Purdue University. She is a Tennessee girl at heart, has a passion for fashion and to create. Truly a gal on the go. Find her on Instagram: @sharonjin_
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.