Style

Nothing to Wear? Watch These Youtubers for Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I, like every other girl in the world, go through the same crisis every time I look in my closet for something to wear; I can never find anything! My favorite source of inspiration for when I don’t know what to wear is YouTube! I am an avid YouTube watcher and I think over the years I have found a few reliable channels that I always go to for the latest fashion trends and fashion advice.

1. Tess Christine (https://www.youtube.com/user/Tesschristine123)

I have been watching Tess Christine’s videos for years, and I am obsessed! She makes the best videos and they are so informative. She is always on top of the latest trends and pieces that are in style. I blame her for my newfound addiction to hair scarfs. Her videos maintain a very minimalist aesthetic which is pleasing to watch. She also lives in Brooklyn, New York which contributes to her city-chic style. Video to check out: OOTW | 5 Transition to Spring Outfits

2. bestdressed (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnQhwPVwcP-DnbUZtIMrupw)

I am very new to this channel, but Ashley knows what she’s talking about. Her sarcasm and humor make you feel like you are listening to a friend talk. She just recently graduated from college, so she knows all the trends that are popular and relevant amongst college girls. I love her thrifting videos because she upcycles pieces and completely transforms them. I always take her advice very seriously because I love her sense of style. She always shows very affordable pieces which is helpful for a girl on a college budget. Video to check out: 50 OUTFITS for when you have nothing to wear

If you ever find yourself wondering what you should wear for the day or for a special occasion, look to these channels for your inspiration. I promise after watching these stylish women, you will have found your new favorite youtubers!

Andi Baker is a Campus Correspondent and Senior at Purdue University, majoring in Actuarial Science and Applied Statistics with minors in Management and Art and Studio Design. Originally from Manila, Arkansas, Andi loves to drink sweet tea, read, and make art. You can follow her on Instagram @andibaker
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.