This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Calling all teen rom com fans, Netflix just released a new movie and it was pretty decent. Netflix has been killing it with all teen romance genre recently with movies like To All the Boys I Loved Before, Sierra Burgess is a Loser, and The Kissing Booth. But a new movie just came out called The Perfect Date and it stars one person that two of the before mentioned movies have in common, Noah Centineo. Along with Noah, the movie stars Laura Marano and Odiseas Georgiadis.

Mimicking other teen romance movies with a similar unreal party scene and formal dance and an obvious ending, the movie follows high school senior Brooks Rattigan (Noah Centineo) as he gets the idea for an app where girls can use him as a plus one to their events from Cecila Lieberman (Laura Marano). Brooks best friend Murph, (Odiseas Georgiadis), creates the app for him and they launch it. There are a lot of foreseen events that take place like falling for someone you weren’t supposed to fall for and a friendship breakup, but I thought the movie had a couple twists and turns from Brooks finding who he is and what he wants. Of course Noah Centineo was cute in the movie just like you would expect, but he also plays a self-absorbed character. I love how Laura’s character contrasted his with her “I don’t care what anyone thinks about me, I’m going to do my own thing”, attitude and her cute outfits. The movie is pretty cliché, but it’s told in an unconventional way. It’s also perfect for a night in with a ton of junk food. Let us know what you think about the movie by tweeting us.

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.