nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Writer of the Week, Sherry Zheng!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Sherry Zheng is a new member of Her Campus Purdue who has been a reliable and personable writer. With her enjoyment of pop culture, Pixar movies, and YouTube we couldn’t be more thrilled to have such a relatable and down to earth person on our team! 

Hometown?

“Lafayette, Indiana”

Major/Minors?

“I am majoring in professional writing with a minor in film and video studies.”

Favorite season and why?

“I like spring, because it’s cool and breezy. The flowers are growing back and the days are getting longer.”

Best food on campus?

“The chicken Caesar wrap from Oasis cafe.”

Celebrity Crush?

“My celebrity crush is constantly changing. Right now, it’s Kit Harington after my friend told me about him. He’s one of the reasons why I want to start watching Game of Thrones, I’m coming for you, Jon Snow.”

The best concert I’ve ever been to was…

“Sadly, I haven’t been to that many concerts, but I enjoyed the Panic! at the Disco concert that took place at Elliott Hall. I had a great time sharing the positive vibes with my friends and everyone around me as I danced and singed along to the lyrics.”

The show I’m binging right now is…

“I’m been binging the second season of Stranger Things on Netflix and I’m savoring every minute of the last episode. Why are there only nine episodes? Why does the new season come out next year? Why is it so good?”

If I’m not in class, I’m most likely…

“I’m watching YouTube videos. I can spend hours on YouTube watching my favorite YouTubers or random videos ranging from beauty, lifestyle, fashion, science, documentaries, and the list goes on. If I’m not on YouTube, I’m watching The Office, Friends, or Parks and Recreation on Netflix.”

If I had known better I would have never…..

“This is a hard question to answer, because I believe that everything happens for a reason and it is part of life to help me grow as a person. However, I sometimes wish I never started out as an education major. If I knew earlier on that I didn’t want to be a teacher then I might be graduating on time and had more time exploring different opportunities in my current major.”

If my life were a movie I’d want it to be like…

“Any Pixar movie, there’s always adventure and happy endings.”

Best gift I’ve ever received was…

“My Philips GoGear VIBE MP3 Player. It holds sentimental value since I got it when I was 13 and I remember picking it out as a birthday gift with a mom. I still have the music that I listened to when I was younger saved on it, so it’s interesting listening to how my music taste has changed. I even asked my friend to help me put songs onto it. Now, I have downloaded new songs and walk around campus listening to it. It’s portable, saves my phone’s battery, and data.”

Best advice I’ve ever received was….

“We’re not here for a long time, we’re here for a good time.”

Favorite song right now?

I’m in the process of expanding my music, so lately I have been listening to the album Bad Blood by Bastille and all of their songs are good. But the one song that I can never get old of is “Aquaman” by Walk the Moon. It’s carefree song that reminds me that I have to get out of my comfort zone once in a while. After all, “You’ll never find it wearin’ a life vest.”

Something I’ll never forget…

“I will never forget my time at Purdue, because college has challenged me to think more critically and become more open minded with all of the diverse viewpoints on campus. It has taught more about being an “adult” and I am excited to find how my future will be shaped when I look back at my achievements and my failures. Most importantly, I had many nights where I questioned what I’m doing with my life. I know that I’m going to have many more of those after graduation but I’m more comfortable knowing that sometimes it’s okay to not have everything figured out.”

Favorite trip and why?

“Washington D.C. because it was my first time being outside of Indiana. I enjoyed learning about the historical monuments and getting the chance to explore the city. It was interesting being in a noisy and fast pace environment when I’m used to the clam and quiet atmosphere of Lafayette.”

Sherry is a senior at Purdue University majoring in professional writing and minoring in film. She plans on becoming a content writer or a copywriter, though she is also keeping her options open. She enjoys Youtube, her cat, Paisley, makeup, and writing.
Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.