Lights, Camera…Longer Lashes!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Mascara is the one makeup I’ll splurge on. Some people have a nice foundation or favorite lipstick but my thing is mascara. I am super picky about it. I don’t care what anyone says, all mascaras are not created equal. When I find one I like I wear it for years. I have been using Benefit’s “They’re Real!” since senior year of high school. So when I was asked to try out Tarte Cosmetic’s Lights, Camera, Lashes™ I was skeptical.

The first thing I look for in mascara is length. If I don’t have marks on my eyelids from my lashes hitting them, I’m not impressed.

Lights, Camera, Lashes™ gave me the length I wanted while still looking natural. After a few coats I got the length I approve of, which is saying a lot. When I wore this mascara by itself I thought it had a pretty, natural look. It’s great for daytime or any casual look. I am not one to want a lot of thickness in a mascara but I did want a touch more with this one. The next day I used this mascara with my go to. Together it was the best my lashes have ever looked. This mascara is a good builder. It separates your lashes and adds a hefty amount of length without getting too clumpy.

It’s one of those mascaras you’re more put-together friend would wear. I think in a few years I’ll wear this mascara alone but right now I’m clumping it up just a little more.  Overall, I would definitely recommend this mascara.

Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.