Jimmy Martin ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Hometown: Hunt Valley, Maryland

Major: Environmental Science

Age: 21

Campus Activities: Sigma Phi Epsilon

HCPurdue: What do you hope to do after graduation?

Jimmy: I’d like to travel, and maybe work as a dive master.

HCPurdue: If you could swap lives with a celebrity, who would it be?

Jimmy: Either Rob Dyrdrek or Vincent Chase.*

HCPurdue: What is something most people don’t know about you?

Jimmy: I have a “freeze-dried” dog named Maui.

HCPurdue: Who is your biggest role model?

Jimmy: My father. He taught me everything about how to be a man and made me who I am.

HCPurdue: Favorite pick-up line?

Jimmy: “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back. I want to be on you.”

HCPurdue: How well does that pick-up line work?

Jimmy: 60% of the time, it works every time.**

HCPurdue: What would your “last meal” be?

Jimmy: Definitely breakfast, you know, eggs, bacon… I’d have a schmorgesborg of options.

HCPurdue: What is on the top of your Bucket List?

Jimmy: I’d like to travel everywhere, especially Ireland and other areas in Europe. And I’d like to go back to New Zealand as well.

HCPurdue: What is your biggest pet peeve about girls?

Jimmy: They talk… a lot. They just don’t stop.

HCPurdue: What is your idea of the perfect first date?

Jimmy: Probably a nice dinner, with scotch, of course. It’d be the perfect set up for a second date. Gotta leave her wanting more.

*For those readers who don’t already know, Vincent Chase is the studly character played by Adrian Grenier in Entourage!

**Extra credit to those who got the Anchorman reference!

Leta is a senior at Purdue University studying Retail Management with a Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Innovation. Leta is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and is obsessed with her sisters. An avid shopper and fashionista, Leta spends her time working as an Assistant Manager at Twenty Ten Boutique on Purdue's campus while managing their social media campaigns. Leta started writing for Her Campus Purdue in April of 2011. It was because of her extreme enthusiasm and passion for Her Campus that she was promoted to Purdue University's Campus Correspondent in January of 2012.