How You Know You Have Found Your Squad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Your friends are the people you go to for everything, whether it’s school, relationships or family drama. They support you and give you all the best advice. However, if you are lucky enough to find a group of friends that become “your squad,” you are set for life. They help you through everything and then some. They are the friends that turn into family. Here are five ways to know if you have found a squad you can’t go a day without:

1. You spend more time with your squad than you do with anyone else. 

The first sign that you and your best buds are a squad is that you spend all of your time together. And when you aren’t together you just aren’t quite sure what to do with your time.

2. You have a squad anthem you all can get down to. 

Nothing livens up a hangout like the squad’s favorite jam. Every squad has one and it is a staple of any squad party or road trip.

3. You make everywhere you go an adventure. 

Even the most boring and menial of activities is made better with your squad. Trips to the grocery store or studying at the library can be made fun.

4. You treat squad birthdays like a national holiday. 

Most likely your squad is even more excited about your birthday than you are. Squads know exactly how to throw the best parties and make you feel celebrated and appreciated.

5. You can be 100% yourself when you’re with them. 

Some of your friends might not understand the weird things about you. Your squad not only knows all of your quirky habits, but also appreciates them. You might even see yourself picking up all the other squad members habits as well.

Born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, Rachael made the move to West Lafayette, Indiana where she attends Purdue University. She is currently a junior studying English and Communications. She is a co-correspondent and the President of Her Campus Purdue University. She currently is a reporter for The Purdue Exponent, where she writes about everything that is going on around campus. She hopes to become a note-worthy journalist and a strong business woman. Rachael is a traveling junkie and wants to explore all 50 states in her lifetime, along with going back to London, which is her favorite. She loves watching 10 Things I Hate About You and can't live without dancing to Beyonce, running, and finding new restaurants to eat at. Doughnut shops and pizza places are her go-to's.