element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Handle Gift Exchange Like a Pro

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I have loved white elephant/secret Santa parties since I was in elementary school and we all brought plastic ornaments to exchange with each other. I have also always been the person who had to succeed at gift exchanges. I would spend days, even weeks researching either the best gift to buy for my Secret Santa recipient or even the nicest white elephant gift I could find. So here are a few of my favorite suggestions, all under $30 this year for any holiday party this year.

Moon Lamp: Amazon

Not only is this on my list for Secret Santa, but I will definitely be purchasing this lamp for some friends this year. This room light has so many different options and many different colors to use. It will look so good in my dorm and would look great in a child’s room or apartment or even living room.

Jewelry Organizer: Amazon

This is the perfect gift to get your friends this year. For my friends especially, all of their jewelry is thrown around their dorms and they end up losing a bracelet or ring. This jewelry box comes in so many different colors and has so many compartments for all types of jewelry. Spoiler alert to my best friend, sorry, this year you are getting a sage green organizer.

Small pouch: Amazon

This is a great gift to get for everyone on your list since it is super customizable. You can get it in many different colors with their initials on the front. This pouch can be used as a travel bag or an everyday use and comes with a matching makeup pouch. You can buy multiple versions of this to share with all your friends and family.

Blanket: Amazon

You can never go wrong with a nice blanket. It has always been my favorite gift to receive during Secret Santa. There’s a collection of blankets in my dorm that I’ve received over the years. They are also super easy to buy for your friends and family. Everyone could use a nice blanket this winter, especially with the colder weather coming up fast.

Kendell is a writer at the Her Campus Purdue University chapter. She's been a part of Purdue's Her Campus chapter since fall of 2023. Her favorite topics to write about include entertainment, the music industry and about her favorite experiences around campus. Beyond Her Campus, Kendell is a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Communications with a minor in History and Creative Writing. Originally from Noblesville, Indiana, she grew up visiting West Lafayette and loves the student life. In her free time, Kendell enjoys listen to music especially Taylor Swift. She is also really into reading and loves to talk about her latest reads, majority of which involve romance. She loves to bake and back home is known for her banana bread muffins, coffee cake and chocolate chip cookies.