How to Start Embracing the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Mariah Carey gave us the “go” to starting the holiday festivities, on the dot of November 1st. The transition from iced cold Starbucks drinks to sips of hot beverages, the shift from usual playlists to joyful Christmas-themed tunes, and the pull-out of sweaters that have been hiding in your closet, waiting for their debut, are all things that indicates one is entering the threshold of holiday season. I present to you a few things you should start investing your time in, to get into the holiday spirit!

Cozy-Up Everything

Bring out the throw blankets, fuzzy slippers, and sweaters! The holidays bring a time of warmth, comfort, and joy. Transforming your home into a warm place of comfort will surely spark the joy of the season. Hang your twinkle lights, turn on the yule log and light up the sweet and spiced Christmas-scented candles to top it all off. Festivity, spirit, and an uplifting atmosphere is created with what you choose to surround yourself with.

Start the Christmas Movie Marathon

During your “lounging” time, cuddling up with snacks and a Christmas movie, call for a perfect bundle to revive the holiday season. Along with the annual re-watch of holiday classics, it is also a time to discover new Christmas movies! There has been one in particular in which has popped up in every ad commercial, the Last Christmas. This film is set around a Kate, a young woman played by Emilia Clarke, who has not quite had the best of things come her way. While working as an elf for the holiday season, she meets a man by the name of Tom, played by Henry Golding and this sparks a great turn of romance in both their lives in the best season for love! The film comes out November 8, 2019 and will be a must-watch for this time of the year.

Christmas Shopping

The hustle and bustle of shoppers during the holiday season can feel overwhelming once December officially rolls around. It doesn’t hurt to get started on making lists and picking up things here and there that you may want to give to your loved ones. Alleviate some of the stress now and start thinking about what you want to do or give to those you appreciate.

Hopefully, these three things help you get in the holiday spirit. Go checkout our holiday-kickoff giveaway on Instagram to win some amazing items!

Sharon is pursuing an undergraduate degree in PR & Strategic Communications at Purdue University. She is a Tennessee girl at heart, has a passion for fashion and to create. Truly a gal on the go. Find her on Instagram: @sharonjin_
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.