This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Happy November everyone! While I’m 100% that person who decorates for Christmas at midnight on November 1st, I love Thanksgiving. It is in the rotation of my favorite holidays; you can eat your favorite comfort meals in pajamas. What’s not to love? Something that makes the holiday even more special is I can celebrate with my family once and my friends a second time. Over the years, different friend groups and I have thrown huge dinners ranging from the beginning of November to boarding into December. Here are some of my favorite meals, sides, desserts, and drinks to celebrate Friendsgiving.

Loaded Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole:

A quick and easy meal to make for Friendsgiving is a cheesy chicken noodle casserole. I am not a fan of turkey in any form and will do anything to avoid it, but you are more than welcome to substitute turkey for chicken or lose meat altogether. This casserole is a perfect comfort food to share with your friends or family during the holidays.

Smashed Potatoes:

A staple for all of my Friendsgivings, and usually the side that I am assigned are potatoes. These specific types of potatoes are very quick and easy to prepare, cook, and enjoy. There are a few simple ingredients, and they are incredible as a side dish.

Chocolate Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes:

While I do love pie this time of year, sometimes everyone needs a break from pumpkin and apple. I really enjoy strawberries with chocolate and especially a nice cheesecake. These are super cute bite-sized desserts that will look great on any table.

Thanksgiving Punch:

I love this simple punch to share with friends around the holidays. This drink has the perfect combination of apple and pumpkin spice to bring to any event with friends and family. While I put ginger ale in my Friendsgiving, if you are over 21 and want to, you could add champagne in its place. I hope you enjoy it!

Kendell is a writer at the Her Campus Purdue University chapter. She's been a part of Purdue's Her Campus chapter since fall of 2023. Her favorite topics to write about include entertainment, the music industry and about her favorite experiences around campus. Beyond Her Campus, Kendell is a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Communications with a minor in History and Creative Writing. Originally from Noblesville, Indiana, she grew up visiting West Lafayette and loves the student life. In her free time, Kendell enjoys listen to music especially Taylor Swift. She is also really into reading and loves to talk about her latest reads, majority of which involve romance. She loves to bake and back home is known for her banana bread muffins, coffee cake and chocolate chip cookies.