Get to Know Our Team: Sammy Bonnet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

We’re back with another amazing team member, Sammy Bonnet! From Carmel, Indiana, Sammy is a sophomore studying elementary education. We asked her a couple of questions to find out more about her. Check them out below!

HC: What is your favorite place to go to at Purdue?

Sammy: When it’s nice outside, I love to go to the engineering fountain and sit on the lawn while doing my homework or hanging out with friends!

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?

Sammy: I would love to travel to Spain and Portugal, especially during the summertime

HC: What brought you to Her Campus at Purdue?

Sammy: I heard about Her Campus when I was looking for ways to be more involved on campus and I knew I wanted to be a part of such an awesome organization!

HC: If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would you do?

Sammy: I would slow down more and worry way less about my future, high school me was way too stressed about college!

HC: What is your favorite show to watch and why?

Sammy: Right now it’s a tie between The Office and The West Wing.  I love The Office because it is such a simple concept for a show and yet it is still incredibly funny to me and the West Wing is a personal favorite because I love politics and it was a show I used to watch with my Dad back in high school.

HC: Do you have a secret talent?

Sammy: Not that I know of!

HC: Who inspires you the most and why?

Sammy: I am inspired by every woman in my life, especially my Mom, and I also have a huge admiration for Lin Manuel Miranda

HC: How do you decide what to write about?

Sammy: Most of my ideas come from conversations I have with my friends in passing about whatever is going on in our lives, and other times I simply love a product and want to tell everyone about it!

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.