Fall Fashions at Von’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Break out your boots and sweaters collegiettes™: it’s officially fall!  And what better way to welcome the most fashion friendly season than to have a spotlight on campus’ exciting new place to purchase your fall fashions? Purdue’s famous Von’s!  The store that already brought us records, beads, books, candles, jewelry, and more has added a new entity to their repertoire: apparel.

I spoke with the daughter of Mr. Von himself, Amber Von, to get the scoop on Von’s newest addition.  A previous Purdue student, Amber is also a graduate of Parsons School of Fashion and has lived in New York working in fashion for ten years before she moved back to help with the store.  So don’t worry ladies, she knows her stuff!

The first shipment of apparel at Von’s consisted of a handful of handpicked pieces from New York’s Market Week by Amber in the beginning of the summer.  She started with just two racks of some funky designer garments, but when the clothes practically jumped off the shelves, it was apparent that Purdue students liked what they saw.

If you have been to Von’s lately, you have probably noticed their clothing collection has expanded beyond just two racks.  More space for a better shopping experience has been the topic of many store meetings, Amber pointed out, along with solutions for a better dressing room. Their inspiration for the expansion comes from the mouth of Mr. Von himself, “evolve or die.” And evolving they certainly are.

This fall, keep an eye out for leggings, leg warmers, cozy sweaters, and body shaping skinny jeans appearing at Von’s.  Come formal season, stop in to see some beautiful Ali Ro designs.  I got to take a sneak peak at some of these formal dresses, and between the price, style, and quality, it’s something you’re not going to want to miss.  Also, though the store is focusing on a more east coast inspired funky style, pieces directly from California will be making an arrival at Von’s as well.

Check out some of these fashions, on sale now at Von’s!

(1) Monroe & Main sweater jacket: $72.95

(2) Scarves: $10.95-$24.95

(3) Leggings: $11.95-$12.95

(4) Peaches N Cream blue wrap dress (belt included): $44.95
(4) S-Twelve gray shawl neckline cardigan: $43.95

(6) Peaches N Cream off the shoulder top: $32.95

Questions, comments, requests?  Tell Von’s what you think about their new fashions!  E-mail them what you would like to see at vons_shops@yahoo.com.  Also check them out on Facebook (facebook.com/VonsShops) and follow them on Twitter (twitter.com/VonsShops).

Amanda Norell is a junior at Purdue University where she is working toward a communication degree, supplemented by an art and design minor. A true Midwesterner, Amanda was born in Chicago and raised in northern Indiana, just minutes from the Michigan border. In addition to being Purdue's Campus Correspondent, Amanda is also a junior board member on Liberal Arts Student Council, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and has both edited and written for The Exponent, Purdue's independent daily student newspaper.  She has held internships in both event planning and career development, and has her sights set on becoming an event and wedding planner after graduation. She cannot get enough of campus in the fall, crepes from Greyhouse, Urban Outfitters, and simply lovin' life.