Brittany’s Blog: Recent Fascinations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I try to stay in-tune with life and read the paper. I also try to escape a little and enjoy a TV show or a magazine. There have been so many things that have caught my attention lately and I can’t help but share them! Not all are new to me, but some are, and are even on my ‘wish-list’. Perhaps you are already aware of these items I’ll mention, or perhaps I am the lucky one to introduce you.  Either way, these are my top fascinations, in no particular order!

‘Modern Family’ on ABC, Wed. at 9/8c

I have watched this show before this year, but I really started getting into it this season. Do you ever wonder how people come up with something so comical—and for every episode? I would love to meet the writer for this show. It’s like my obsession with Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn. I always think to myself, “If they are as funny as in real life as they are in their movies, I am completely jealous of their wives.” Anyways, this show has such a unique since of humor. I love the way it represents three ‘modern’ lifestyles and how they all combine into one family. If you have not seen this show before, please watch it. I promise you’ll love it!

iPhone 4S by Apple

I wish I could say I own this phone. Once my upgrade comes (which is unfortunately in March) it will be mine! Only five months, eight days, two hours, and thirty-nine minutes….I’m only kidding—but not really! All I have to say about this phone is brilliant. My boyfriend just got this phone and I have never seen a man so enthused about the quality and its capabilities! With the dual-core A5 chip, eight megapixel camera, iOS5 program, iCloud, and Siri, the iPhone is better than ever. The A5 chip makes the phone run incredibly fast. The camera is unbelievably crisp, with abilities to crop and edit photos. Don’t get me started on Siri, the voice-activated ‘personal assistant’ that can help you with all your needs. Watch the video on Apple’s website showing what the new iPhone 4S can do. You’ll be blown away!

Dove’s ‘Go Fresh’ Deodorant in ‘Plum & Sakura Blossom Scent’
I know deodorant can be an awkward subject, but I received a small sample of this specific scent and I am never going back to anything else. As an avid runner and a girl who remains active in exercising, scent is just as important as not sweating for me. This has such a unique scent that isn’t too floral or overwhelming. I forgot to wear perfume one day and I had just put on this deodorant and my girlfriend actually complimented me on “whatever I was wearing.” I cannot stress how amazing this smells. The consistency is also really soft, so it keeps your skin conditioned.

Twitter > Facebook

I realize not everybody is going to agree with me. I’m not saying I don’t like Facebook or don’t use it—I do! I just have found that Twitter seems more simple and better for my personal lifestyle and likings. I remember first refusing to ever get a Twitter. I told someone, “I don’t get it, why would I just want to put a status up?” Well, 784 tweets later I can say I think I’m obsessed. I just like how you don’t end up wasting so much time flipping through random news feeds and getting lost in people’s pictures. With Twitter you simply read until you last read, and you’re done! Plus the hashtag allows you to be #prettycreative.

Post-It® Notes
I know what you might be thinking. Post-it notes, really? However, It’s midterm time for me so I have been using a lot of these. I currently am staring at about four different ones. They include pink, yellow, green, and orange ones that come in different sizes and shapes. Who knew that something so simple could make your life organized? I am one of those people that have to see things and check them off. It may be considered “nerd-status,” but these little organizers are wonderful! So if your feeling cluttered, I recommend them! You will never forget anything from now on!

What are your recent fascinations? Share them on Facebook on the Her Campus Purdue page or let us know on Twitter at @HerCampusPurdue.

Have a wonderful week!

Brittany Cole

*Photo Credits
1. http://www.idsnews.com/blogs/weekendwatchers/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/modern-family.jpg
2.http://cdn4.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/apple-iphone-4-91.jpg
3. http://media02.hongkiat.com/twitter_icons_03/blue-bird.jpg

Amanda Norell is a junior at Purdue University where she is working toward a communication degree, supplemented by an art and design minor. A true Midwesterner, Amanda was born in Chicago and raised in northern Indiana, just minutes from the Michigan border. In addition to being Purdue's Campus Correspondent, Amanda is also a junior board member on Liberal Arts Student Council, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and has both edited and written for The Exponent, Purdue's independent daily student newspaper.  She has held internships in both event planning and career development, and has her sights set on becoming an event and wedding planner after graduation. She cannot get enough of campus in the fall, crepes from Greyhouse, Urban Outfitters, and simply lovin' life.