Style > Beauty

5 Makeup Trends to Make Your Spooky Season Complete

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Halloween is makeup’s best friend. From glam ghosts to bloody babes, men and women have gone to the extreme in their spooky creations. In need of a costume? These five makeup looks are affordable and amazing! A few tips for when you are recreating one of these looks:

1. Drug store makeup works just as well as high end makeup. Do not go spend a lot of money on expensive products you’ll never use again. Instead, try to find something similar at the drug store and work with it.
  2. Your look isn’t supposed to be perfect. Don’t get frustrated if your lines aren’t straight or your blending isn’t perfect because let’s be honest, when is your eyeliner ever symmetrical?
  3. Be patient. Make sure you give yourself enough time to do everything you want to, so you aren’t rushing.

Trend #1: Skeleton

This is possibly the most common trend around. Transforming into a skull screams Halloween. Some people paint their entire bodies as a skeleton but there are ways to make it easier. Only do part of your face to give a cool illusion. This requires less paint, less time and you can customize it however you want.

Trend #2: Sugar Skull

This trend is like the first trend, but it is much more colorful. The use of complementary colors makes facial features pop. Add some glitter to the eyes and lips for a full glam effect.

Trend #3: Comic Book Character

I love when women turned themselves into the comic book version of Wonder Woman. This look is so simple and you could get away with using your everyday makeup and a black eyeliner pencil.

Trend #4: Wednesday Addams

This is a super adorable look, and everyone loves the Addams family. Super simple application and make sure you find a white setting powder to give the ghostly pale effect.

Trend #5: Vampire

Love doing a smokey eye? Then this is look for you. Pair a dark eye with a deep red or burgundy lip. Run that lipstick down toward your chin and jawline for a creepy finish. You can even make fake blood to make the effect more intense.

Leslie is a current senior at Purdue University looking to major in industrial management engineering. She discovered Her Campus through her sisters, who had been apart of it when they were in college. She enjoys dancing, singing, cooking and traveling.
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.