Jarryn Ha ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purchase chapter.

Hometown: 
I’m from Seoul, Korea, but I consider Erie, Pennsylvania, my second home (where I lived for 4 years until coming to Purchase).

Year and Major: I’m a junior, majoring in media, society, and the arts (yes, such major actually exists).

When I was little I wanted to be… I wanted to be one too many different things! To pick one, a pianist (I was classically trained for years). I still do play, although now I do it only for fun.

Favorite band: Queen, hands down.

What I look for in a partner is… A caring and sincere heart, a sense of humor, and responsibility. A crazy character and/or a sweet voice would be a huge plus!

Bet you didn’t know… I used to be even nerdier than I am now. Scary, I know.

Favorite place on campus? Library. The Stood is cool, but I haven’t had time to go there in ages.

Hub, Terra Ve, or D-Hall? Hub. [whispers] I guess I’m just another commuter who enjoys dead animals!

What do you do outside of class? I like to meet people, chat with them over food and/or coffee, jam with other musicians, go on road trips, read books, visit museums, and go to concerts and shows.

Gabriele is a sophomore journalism major. She attends SUNY Purchase College after transferring from SUNY Albany.