Andy Pop Gives Girls “Butterflies”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purchase chapter.

Underground hip-hop artist Andy Pop dropped his newest single, “Butterflies” produced by Nico Marchese, on March 9 via his Facebook and Twitter pages .  The song melts girls’ hearts as Pop describes the feelings he’s overcome with the sight of his crush. 

The intro is made up of Alicia Keys’ soulful vocals and elegant piano sampled from her album, “Songs in A Minor.”  
“It’s about this one particular girl who’s like wow and just makes you feel nervous,” Pop said explaining how he was inspired to write the song.  It was directed towards making his female fans feel special and at the same time  relatable song to his male fans.

Andy Pop grew up in Goshen, N.Y., and has been rapping since he was 16.  He is a sophomore arts management major here at Purchase.  Pop made his first mix-tape, “Hold On I’m Comin’” in the summer of 2009 before his freshman year and his second mix-tape, “Ransom” in spring of 2010.  He is currently working on his first album with Producer Nico Marchese, titled, “Take it or Leave it.”   The album is planned to drop around the beginning of the summer and is made up of 13 to 15 tracks including “Butterflies,” “Dream Too Much” and “Catch Me If You Can.”  His first single off the album “Budge Me” dropped in November and has more than 1,000 views on YouTube

Andy Pop will be performing “Butterflies” and other new songs from his album at a benefit show for Japan called Electic-Slexic this Friday, March 18th at the Stood at 9:30 p.m.

Christie is a sophomore journalism major at Purchase College in NY, but she’s a Jersey Girl at heart. When she isn’t studying (or being sarcastic), she spends her summers selling crafty jewelry on Long Beach Island and making coffee for her superiors at Parker and Partner’s Marketing Resources. She’s a sucker for debates, sushi, and a really good book. Her dream job (this week) would be at the Village Voice, but she’d be happy with a byline and paycheck. She hopes to make HerCampus bigger and better than ever at Purchase and is excited for the chance to work with these lovely HC ladies.