Alyson Lopez and Ethan Whitehead

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purchase chapter.

1. Hometowns:
Ethan: Queens, NY 
Alyson: Brooklyn, NY 

2. Years and Majors: 
Ethan: Junior, Theater Arts 
Alyson: Junior, Biology 

3. How did you guys meet? 
Well at a party in my apartment last year I saw him and thought he was cute with really pretty eyes so I pointed him out to my roommate and our friends hooked us up. 

4. What’s your favorite thing about each other? It could be quirky or serious, whatever! 
Ethan: No matter what she does she never fails to look adorable. 
Alyson: He’s my prince charming. He’s always been there for me, literally through thick and thin. He’s my best friend. 

5. Favorite date spot?
Anything Asian. We never realized it, but every time we go out to eat it’s almost always to an Asian restaurant. Since we ‘ve noticed, now when we choose where we want to eat we try to change it up but we still usually go to an Asian place. 

6. Bet you didn’t know…
That we live five blocks away from each other and never met before Purchase. We live on the borderline between Queens and Brooklyn. When we found out, we were kind of freaked out for a while. 

7. What are your favorite parts of Purchase?
Behind the PAC. It’s such a great lawn. We go there during warm nights to look at the stars. 

8. Hub, D-Hall, or Terra Ve
D-hall. Ethan loves Mary, the “egg goddess”. I really have no preference. 

9. What do you guys like to do outside of class?
“Extra curricular activities” and marathon-ing TV shows. Right now we’re up to season 2 of Fringe. 

10. Do you guys have a song, a movie? Something like that? 
So he compiled a list of all the songs that we have associated with our relationship at some point… 
We chose “Anything but Fine” by Zox. 
I lost most of my music when we first met and Ethan gave me all of his since we miraculously had the same taste in music. I hadn’t heard of most of the music he gave me so I randomly picked a band and started to listen to it. This song came up and I instantly fell in love and it just kind of became our song. There were other songs that could also be “our” song but this one has been around since the beginning. 

Christie is a sophomore journalism major at Purchase College in NY, but she’s a Jersey Girl at heart. When she isn’t studying (or being sarcastic), she spends her summers selling crafty jewelry on Long Beach Island and making coffee for her superiors at Parker and Partner’s Marketing Resources. She’s a sucker for debates, sushi, and a really good book. Her dream job (this week) would be at the Village Voice, but she’d be happy with a byline and paycheck. She hopes to make HerCampus bigger and better than ever at Purchase and is excited for the chance to work with these lovely HC ladies.