clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why I Decided to Make a Vision Board

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I graduate in May, and, to say the least, I am terrified. I do not know where I’ll end up, or if I’ll even get a job in my field. These are normal fears, I know, but I am sick of them consuming me 24/7. 

The other day, I got a magazine in the mail, and I just thought it would be fun to cut out cute sayings to hang up on a bulletin board in my room (I was in a DIY mood). Before I knew it, I was feeling so calm. The simplistic act of cutting out images and sayings that resonated with me made me feel less anxious. 

I didn’t start out with the idea of a vision board, but as I kept cutting out words and other pictures that meant something to me, personally, I ultimately realized that that’s what I was doing. 

My vision board is a work in progress. I don’t know when it will be finished, if ever. I plan on attaching anything and everything that motivates me — not only in a professional sense — but in my personal life, as well. As I continue to grow, so will my vision board. 

I’m really excited about this new project, because, as silly as it may sound, it truly does give me hope. It is a great way to release built-up energy and emotion. Think of it as a journal, but a journal that you want everyone to see. 

Sometimes, the future may seem like a daunting force that looms over you. A vision board is a healthy way to gather your thoughts, priorities and goals, making whatever comes next less scary.

Alexa, play “Watch Me Shine” from Legally Blonde.

Jordan Holsopple is a senior at Penn State. She's majoring in digital and print journalism, with minors in English and women’s studies. When she's not writing for Her Campus at PSU, you can catch her experimenting with makeup, watching lots of TLC and spreading the word about the importance of feminism.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.