Which Thanksgiving Food Are You Based on Your Major?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Thanksgiving is almost here and the only thing on my mind is all the delicious food I will be shoveling into my mouth. Here are some fun Thanksgiving foods you can try bringing to the table that fit with the personality you have based on your major!

Business: Stuffing

Business majors know how to get stuff done and have fun at the same time. A staple like stuffing can be kept simple or spiced up with whatever ingredients you want. It’s classic with a touch of fun just like you!

Communications: Roast Beef

Pixabay

Communications majors are strong and independent because they can eloquently speak their mind. Roast beef is a showstopper and so are you.

Biology: Dinner Rolls

Mariana Kurnyk

You are smart and grounded and the world wouldn’t be able to function without your beautiful brain. Likewise, Thanksgiving wouldn’t be able to function without sweet buttery dinner rolls. The best part is while you’re up late completing your lab report you’ll have a bomb Thanksgiving leftover sandwich to munch on.

Engineering: Turkey

?? Claudio Schwarz

As an engineering major, we already know you have the best method for carving that turkey. Don’t get carried away though, too much turkey will make you sleepy and I know you still have some Canvas assignments due!

Political Science: Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

You are able to look at issues from multiple perspectives to find the best solutions. You’re all about finding the perfect balance even if that is balancing the flavors of the potatoes to the gravy. We also can’t forget the important potato to gravy ratio! If anyone can find the balance in this dish it’s you.

Art: Charcuterie Board

The Lalacheese Plate
Her Campus Media

Charcuterie boards are so trendy right now and you’re already on top of it. Not only do charcuterie boards taste fantastic, but there is also a huge visual element to this dish. The creativity of the charcuterie board ties together perfectly with the creativity always rushing through you!

Happy Thanksgiving Penn Staters! Enjoy chowing down on all the Thanksgiving goodness and remember to reflect on the amazing things in your life you have to be thankful for.

Jackie Maese is a senior at Penn State majoring in Telecommunications and Theater Studies. If she's not writing at her laptop, you can probably find her cooking up a masterpiece, petting a dog, or eating a New Jersey bagel.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.