This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Not sure where to start with Disney+? Here are some favorites to start out with! 

The Mandalorian

I love all the Star Wars movies, so this was a must watch when Disney+ dropped. Mando and Baby Yoda are the cutest duo, and the plot of each episode, and the series overall is great! I love this show.

High School Musical: The Musical The Series

Yes, the title is quite a mouthful, but if you love the High School Musical movies, I highly recommend this. There are open LGBTQ+ characters, and one of the main characters, Nini, has two moms. It’s a cute show that has a ton of teen angst. 

Tangled

I am not afraid to admit it, I have watched this movie three times since Disney+ dropped three weeks ago. I just love it so much, and I love being able to watch it whenever I want. The soundtrack is amazing, and I just love the parallel between Mother Gothel kissing and touching Rapunzel’s hair when she says, “I love you”, and Eugene always pushing Rapunzel’s hair out of her face because he loves her and not her hair.

The Suite Life of Zach and Cody

I forgot how fun this show is. I love to watch it between classes. It lets me relax, since I don’t have to use any brain cells to watch this, and for that I am grateful. I’m surprised I still enjoy it so much.

Aladdin

I decided that when I got Disney+, I would rewatch all the old Disney movies, and I first started with Aladdin. Hands down, the best song in this movie was Prince Ali.

Monsters, Inc.

I forgot how great this movie is. It’s highly enjoyable, but now that I’m older I realize how truly terrible Randal was, like he was kidnapping children. When I was a kid, I didn’t make that connection, but now I’m like, woah wait, this was in a kid’s movie?

Zootopia

The first time I watched this movie, I cried. It has a great message and I’ve watched it twice since Disney+ came out.

The Little Mermaid

I wanted to rewatch this movie because I couldn’t remember any of it. It’s a good movie, but not a favorite of mine. As a college student, it’s funny to rewatch this movie and listen to Ariel, at sixteen years old, complain to her father that she is a grown up, and should be able to go on to land. Then, at the end of the movie she gets married! I was shocked to say the least.

Moana

I watched this with my friends one night, and we really liked it. I think the soundtrack in this movie is incredible, and I liked that Moana, a young girl, was the hero of her movie.

A PSU junior majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Digital Media Trends and Analytics who has an impressive skill of quoting any Parks and Rec episode word for word.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.