Custom graphic for an article
Custom graphic for an article
Design by Becky Marcinko
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Once upon a time, I laughed at anyone who used TikTok that was over the age of 18. I finally downloaded it as a joke, then one day, I was mildly addicted! My attention span was max 60 seconds and my bank account was drained. 

Not much later, my Amazon wishlist turned into the next TikTok haul. Here are my ratings of some of the products TikTok made me buy. 

Laptop and Phone
Photo by Austin Distel from Unsplash

Laneige lip sleeping mask: 5/10 

Let’s get one thing straight, I was sold on the packaging. That bubblegum pink tub was just calling my name. I couldn’t resist. Unfortunately, this lip mask is extremely average. It’s just a regular chapstick!

Cerave: 6/10 

This is another very average product. I currently use the hydrating facial cleanser and the daily hydrating moisturizer. I have nothing bad to say but I also have nothing great to say. My skin didn’t break out from it but it was far from life changing. 

Lululemon dupes: 8/10 

I will never, and I repeat never, pay over $100 for leggings ever again. My amazon dupes are great quality, they wash nicely, and they do not move an inch. What more could I ask for? Amazon fashion is life changing and I do not plan on ever looking back. 

Revlon One Step Volumizer Hair Dryer: 10/10 

Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before. 

Penn State 2022
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.