THON ’12 Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

This weekend was the 40th Annual Penn State Dance Marathon, endearingly known as THON. Thousands of students, alumni, families of the Four Diamonds Fund, and other guests gathered in the Bryce Jordan center for the 46 hour event. To say the weekend was emotional is an understatement. Penn State pulled together and raised $10,686,924.83 For The Kids. THON truly is incredible. Thank you to all who gave their support.

Dancers make their way to the Bryce Jordan Center through the human tunnel.

Our newly appointed football coach, Bill O’Brien, makes his first appearance at Penn State’s THON.

The lion rallies the crowd.

This was the first year for the new yellow ribbon stage extension.

Morale Captains lead the dancers in the line dance, which is performed every hour of the marathon.

The men’s gymnastics team was the clear favorite during Saturday night’s Pep Rally.

A cake was made by Cake Boss mimicking this years’ logo.

Dancers had the opportunity to receive massages for their aching backs and legs.

Jay Paterno came to thank all of the volunteer’s for their efforts and support, he also brought a THON mug that had been placed at the Joe Paterno Statue during his memorial.

State College’s own GoGo Gadjet energized the stage during the last four hours.

The Overall Committee counts down to the moment when the Dancers get to sit down.

The THON 2012 total is revealed.