Love Is Blind S3 E6 00 06 06 03R?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Love Is Blind S3 E6 00 06 06 03R?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Courtesy of Netflix © 2022

The Best April Fools’ Day Pranks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With another holiday over, I thought it would be appropriate to reminisce back on some of the best pranks I have played on family or that my friends have come up with.

Whether you are 14 or 40, April Fools’ Day is a day for everyone to celebrate and have some fun with the swing into spring.

KETCHUP BLOOD

Let’s start with a classic.

In my middle school years, especially around this time of year, my mother and I loved the idea of pranking my older brothers who would constantly prank/pick on me growing up.

We resorted to the good ol’ fake blood made of ketchup and knife slip to really scare them this year.

To set the scene, both my brothers were occupied upstairs competing against each other in an intense game of tackle football.

Already on a rough start.

My mom and I were making dinner in the kitchen and set up some veggies to make it look like she was cutting them when her hand “slipped” and cut her fingers with the knife. This would cause blood (ketchup) to squirt everywhere.

The house echoed of my mothers’ screams of “pain” when my brothers sprinted down the steps to see her hand dripping red all over the kitchen counters.

Now their screams were echoing all throughout the house.

Their faces went pale like a ghost and wide, bug-eyed like they have seen one.

Having the opportunity to see my brothers in a very vulnerable state like that was the best prank ever.

Saran Wrap

Now, saran wrap can be used in many different cases. I have had my fair share of ideas on what kind of pranks to use with it. Here are some of my favorites!

Tape saran wrap across the bottom of an entry way or door frame. It is better if you can do this with an entryway with a door. This way, you can close the door and keep the shiny look of the wrap less visible to the person you are pranking!

I did this prank on my dad a few years back, not knowing he had a glass of red wine with him.

Let’s just say we have replaced the light-colored carpets in my house.

This next idea with saran wrap is kind of gross, but a super funny way to prank someone.

Once someone goes to bed, tape saran wrap under their toilet seat, so it covers the entire toilet bowl. When they go to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, they will be sleepy and it will probably be dark, so they won’t even be able to see it.

Prank Calling

April Fools’ Day is not complete without a prank phone call! Who cares if it is cheesy, you know you will get a good laugh out of it.

My roommate and I snuggled into her bed the night of April Fools’ Day and scrolled through my contact list blindfolded, finding random people to prank call. We typed “*67” first, then pasted the phone number after, asking people the most ridiculous questions in the most ridiculous accents.

It was the perfect ending to a perfect, prank-filled day.

Let me know some new pranks I can use for next April Fools’ Day, they never go out of style. Happy pranking!

Emily Gladu is a fourth-year studying Advertising and Business at Penn State University. In her free time, you will find Emily watching any Philadelphia sports team or catching a flight to her next adventure! She loves to catch up on the latest fashion trends & discover new music!