This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

“In your life you’ll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team” 

Taylor Swift

This past football Sunday, Taylor Swift shocked fans by accepting Travis Kelce’s invitation to watch him, and the Kansas City Chiefs, play at Arrowhead Stadium against the Chicago Bears.

For those who aren’t avid football fans, Kelce is a big deal in the football world.

He began playing football at the University of Cincinnati, where he played from 2008 to 2013. Following that, he was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs and has spent 11 remarkable years as a tight end for the team, racking up an impressive record with a total of 74 touchdowns.

Swift has always been a prominent figure in the music industry, but she soared even higher since the start of the Era’s Tour earlier this year. This made Swift a hot topic and more influential than ever before.

The 12-time Grammy winner was surrounded by Kelce’s mother, family and friends as she eagerly watched the Chiefs take home another win and, of course, cheered on Kelce.

The two-time Super Bowl winner’s attraction to Swift started when he attended the Eras Tour in Kansas City in July of 2023. According to People Magazine, Kelce was “disappointed” when he was unable to give Swift a friendship bracelet with his phone number on it. 

Check out this link to the NFL’s Twitter account where they added “(Taylor’s Version),” after Swift attended the Chiefs’ game.

The NFL is currently loving the budding relationship between Kelce and Swift as they reference the current success of her rerecording journey.

Considering Swift and Kelce’s individual achievements in their respective career paths, These two seem like a perfect match.

Both of them have achieved remarkable success and maintained a relatively controversy-free image, which is why we’re rooting for this couple!

@nfl

p solid day for the two of them 🫡 #taylorswift #traviskelce #kansascitychiefs #nfl (via JarrettPayton/X)

♬ original sound – NFL
Swift and Kelce leaving Arrowhead Stadium together.

The “Taylor Swift effect” is undeniably real and has left a positive impact on the NFL, as more women have developed an interest in football following her memorable appearance at the Chiefs game.

According to ESPN, Travis Kelce’s jersey sales have spiked almost 400 percent. Approximately 24.3 million people tuned in to watch the Chiefs versus Bears, making it the weekend’s most-watched football game. 

Kelce and Swift are trending and taking social media by storm. They are making headlines and breaking the internet.

Fans have been buzzing with theories of these two dating but they are reportedly “just having fun.” Let’s wait and see if they are spotted out together again.

Kelce also has an older brother, Jason Kelce who plays for in the NFL; he is a center for the Philadelphia Eagles.

These brothers have a podcast together called “New Heights.” It is the number one most popular sports podcast on Spotify.

In their most recent episode, “Eagles Stay Unbeaten, Travis’ Biggest Catch and New Football Eras,” Kelce breaks his silence on Swift supporting him at the game. He said, “I just thought it was awesome how everybody in the suite had nothing but great things to say about her.”

After the Chiefs’ big win against the Bears (41-10), Kelce and Swift were seen leaving Arrowhead Stadium together in Kelce’s “Getaway Car.”

Kelce and Swift Leaving the Chiefs Game

I think it’s safe to say we are all excited to watch this Swift and Kelce chapter unfold.

Olivia is a second-year student at Penn State studying Journalism. When she is not writing for Her Campus @ PSU, she is spending time with her friends and family, listening to music, and sipping on an iced coffee.