This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Name: Shane Cunneff

Year: Junior

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Hometown: Fair Haven, N.J.

Relationship Status: Single

This engineering cutie has got it all! With a helpful heart and a caring personality, this week spotlights a catch who’s just waiting to be caught.

HC: What are some of your dreams and goals?

Shane: I want to spend time traveling the world giving a hand to those less fortunate. I hope to attain happiness through the way I live, not the things I have. Finally, I want to work hard enough now that I can put my parents into early retirement.

HC: Tell me one thing you have to do before leaving Penn State.

Shane: I want to hike Mount Nittany on one of the warmer days here at PSU. I would really like to meet Bill O’Brien as well.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a girl?

Shane: Someone who gets more interesting the more I get to know them. A girl who’s happy and likes to smile that can also make me laugh is a huge plus. Ideally, a girl who displays elegance in the way they act and look is the biggest quality I look for.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve/turnoff?

Shane: When girls say “like” a lot and if they talk too loud. Also if a girl can’t hold a conversation then there is no way to get to know them, so that is also a big pet peeve of mine.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

Shane: I enjoy anything outdoors including running, mountain biking, and skiing. I’m a huge movie buff and would also like to call myself a decent cook. I’m always up for exploring new and different things.

HC: Favorite movie of all time?

Shane: Classics like Fight Club and Pulp Fiction are a given, but right now I would have say Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind

HC: How would your friends describe you?

Shane: Unique, humorous, spontaneous, smart, and friendly.

HC: Celebrity Crush?

Shane: Emma Watson. No negotiation.

HC: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

Shane: I’m going to stay away from the conventional here and say we hike to the top of Mount Nittany for a picnic. Doing new things are always more fun than the predictable.

Born and raised by two Nittany Lions, Rachel continued the tradition by attending Penn State University in the fall of 2009. Currently a senior journalism major, Rachel also spends her time minoring in both psychology and Spanish. During her sophomore year she wrote for the Greek newspaper at Penn State as a member of Alpha Xi Delta, followed by joining the Her Campus team as a writer and the Public Relations/Social Media Manager in the fall of her junior year. In search of mastering the Spanish language, Rachel indulged herself in the country of Spain for five months while she studied abroad in the city of Alicante during the spring of 2012. In order to keep her English up to par, Rachel blogged about her experiences for both her personal account and Her Campus at Penn State. With a love for shoes, smiles, and a good bowl of mac and cheese, this social media fiend never leaves her twitter by its lonesome. Follow Rachel @hayhayitsrayray as she pursues her dream as an aspiring magazine editor and world traveler.