Trader Joe\'S
Trader Joe\'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Style > Beauty

Reviewing Trader Joe’s Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Trader Joe’s is known for its frozen meals, yummy snacks and beautiful flowers, but their beauty products are often overlooked. As an avid Trader Joe’s customer, I decided to try their beauty products and see if any of them were worth a repurchase. I was surprised to find that I liked most of what I tried.

Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Hair Serum

The serum is infused with shea butter, coconut oil, argan oil, vitamin E, keratin and other plant-based extracts, as it is supposed to reduce fizz and add shine. It is sold for only four dollars, making it extremely affordable.

I have mixed feelings on this product. It is a very dense product, so I use a small amount, even though I have thick hair. It made my hair look oily when I put it on dry hair, but when I put it on wet hair it dried in nicely. It is a great, affordable hair serum, but it is too dense and heavy for me to love. I would prefer to just use a simple argan oil serum.

Watermelon Overnight Face Mask

The hydrating face mask contains watermelon fruit extract, juice and seed oil, as well as squalene and hyaluronic acid. It is only sold during the summer season at Trader Joe’s, and is sold for seven dollars. I really liked this mask. Especially during the summer months, if your face is burnt from the sun, this mask is a great thing to put on ur face before you go to bed as it cools and hydrates your skin. Its consistency and feel reminds me of the Tatcha Water Cream moisturizer. The mask is a great affordable summer staple.

Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Hair Mask

The vitamin E infused mask moisturizes and revitalizes dry and damaged hair. It is sold for four dollars. This is my favorite beauty product I have tried from Trader Joe’s. It’s affordable, and it makes my hair extremely shiny and smooth. It isn’t the best hair mask I’ve ever tried, but it gives your hair a nice refresh when it needs it. I’ve repurchased many times, considering it is an effective and affordable basic hair staple.

Vitamin C Firming Body Butter

This is a new beauty product made with Glycolic acid and has a clementine scent. It is currently priced at seven dollars. I have only been using this product for two weeks, but so far I love it. The scent is citrusy and on the stronger side, but not too strong where it leads to a headache. It leaves my skin super smooth with a nice light scent. It’s a super rich moisturizer that is great for the summertime.

Rose water Facial toner

This rose toner spray is hydrating and refreshing, with a great price of only four dollars. This is a simple product that has a nice light scent and hydrates your face. I’d consider it to be a staple; it’s nothing revolutionary. It is a nice cheap alternative to the popular Mario Badescu rose facial spray, which costs seven dollars. It didn’t do anything special for my skin, it just provided a nice layer of hydration.

During your next Trader Joe’s trip, keep an eye out for these products!

Charlotte is a first year Public Relations major with a minor in Creative Writing. She loves books, yoga, the beach, and hanging out with friends.