Revamp Your PSU Party Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It goes without saying that parties in Happy Valley are dominated by the same mainstream music that gets played all over the nation, on every radio station, every day. Whether it’s Katy Perry telling us over and over again that we are a “firework,” or Lady Gaga inspiring us to “just dance,” it’s always the same tunes that seem to resonate over every apartment in State College.

Most of us can probably agree, music is a very powerful and essential tool to any get party started; it is what sets the mood and vibe of the night. While many students will try to gather friends together this weekend for a Penn State party, we urge you to do something different with your song selection. Make your shindig stand out amidst the mass of parties Saturday night by playing some new music. Whether you’re simply staying in with a few of your girlfriends or throwing a big party for everyone you know, here is a list of fun songs to spice up your playlist and make your get together a little more memorable.

Danza Kuduro- Don Omar ft. Lucenzo
Don Omar is a Puerto Rican artist better known as the king of reggaeton music. Yes, this song (like others in this playlist) is in Spanish, but that doesn’t mean you can’t dance along to it. Music is a universal language; the rhythm and beat of it can be understood worldwide.

Una Vez Mas- Calle Ciega
This song, along with many others from this Venezuelan band, is fun and upbeat. It is perfect for creating a festive, dancing atmosphere. You can even look up the lyrics online and practice your Spanish while on the dance floor.

Carita Bonita- Erre XI ft. Pee Wee

Cinema- Benny Benassi ft. Garry Go
This DJ, originally from Italy, has become increasingly popular during this past decade, playing at the biggest clubs and music festivals worldwide. This song is not yet one of his biggest hits but it has a great beat and the lyrics are great.

Déjà vu- Inna ft. Bob Taylor

Well, well, well- Duffy

Bumpy Ride- Mohombi

Alors on Danse- Stromae
Although this song is now very popular across the globe, I feel it has yet to make its mark in Happy Valley. And, don’t worry, you don’t need to know French to understand the meaning of the song: “lets dance.”  

Enjoy dancing your night away!