Quiz: Are You Ready To Go Back To School?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Over the past few weeks, everyone has been busy enjoying the holidays. But as the holiday season nears to an end, we all feel the stress of going back to a life of junk food, lecture halls and library desks. The question is, are you ready for next semester?

1. Are you excited to go back to your dorm room/apartment on campus?
  2. Is home life/travel life already starting to become a pain?
  3. Are you starting to miss seeing your friends/sorority sisters/roommates?
  4. Does the thought of going to new classes and meeting new classmates excite you?
  5. Have you bought textbooks for your classes?
  6. Have you packed to come back to college?
  7. Do you miss sharing your living space with your friends?
  8. Do you miss not having to carry physical money everywhere?
  9. Do you miss the ice cream at the Berkey Creamery?
  10. Are you ready to start living off the commons, HUB and junk food?
  11. Are you mentally prepared for another semester of papers, all-nighters and red bull?
  12. Do you miss the Pattee and Paterno libraries?
  13. Are you excited to be among your fellow Penn Staters again?

If you answered yes to five or more of these questions, then good for you! You’re ready to tackle the next academic semester, and I congratulate you on your enthusiasm!

If you answered yes to less than five, it’s alright. A lot of us just aren’t ready to detach from the world of a carefree, lazy existence. We feel for you. We understand. We stand by you.

In any case, good luck next semester, collegiettes!

Photo credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Aisha is currently a senior at Penn State University, studying Telecommunications in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State and her hobbies are reading, listening to music, and watching hockey. Originally hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, her dream for the future is to someday be part of the book publishing industry, digital marketing or work on a media team for a sports team. 
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.