THON 5K 2023
THON 5K 2023
Photo by Sophie Yadzinski

Popular Footwear at THON 2024

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Standing for 46 hours can be tough, and especially depending on the type of shoes you choose to wear. Here have been some of the most popular footwear seen at THON this year.

Hoka Clifton 9

HOKAS are quite possibly the biggest staple for THON Weekend, with the Clifton 9’s being the most popular shoe style.

This style became quite popular in the past couple years, and have has an overwhelming presence ever since.

You might be asking yourself, what makes the Clifton 9’s so great?

The overall build, durability and performance is what makes these shoes stand a part from other brands, and is a primary reason as to why so many people gravitate towards them.

These shoes are great for just about anyone who attends THON, whether you’re just popping in for a couple of hours or dancing for the whole 46!

Instagram Post from HOKA
On Cloudnovas

On has been seen quite a lot throughout the Penn State campus, with their popularity being no different at THON this year.

According to On, the Cloudnovas are made to last wearers all day, everyday. The Cloudnovas are engineered to be made for both runners and non-runners, which is why this style works perfectly for standing all day.

With how supportive these shoes are, they’re the perfect companion to dance your way through THON Weekend.

Instagram Post from On
Brooks

Brooks have been a long-time favorite for a variety of wearers.

Majority of Brooks’ styles provide incredibly cushioning comfort, fantastic support (perfect for standing) and are made of high-quality materials that are made to last.

Brooks has a diverse choosing of shoe styles, which makes them perfect for anyone. Even better, they’re a brand perfect for all THON attendees.

Instagram Post from Brooks
On Cloudmonsters

On Cloud’s have become a well-known name and for good reason. The brands shoes are specially layered to provide wearers with the luxury of performance and comfort.

These shoes come with a hefty price, but if you’re planning on spending majority of your weekend at THON, the price will pay off once you hit the latter half of 46 hours.

The Cloudmonsters are particularly cushioned, which is a huge reason why their popularity was so big at this year’s THON.

Instagram Post from On
Hoka bondi 8

The Bondi 8 shoes are made to make you feel like you’re walking (or in this case, standing) on air.

The overall feel and design are similar to the Clifton 9’s, except this style is more of a cushioned-focused design. Proper cushioning is important, especially when standing for long periods of time. Having a shoe that incorporates cushioning into its design allows for foot support to be strong.

When dancing for long periods of time, it’s important to prioritize foot and ankle health through proper shoe support.

Instagram Post from HOKA

Quality footwear is a must when attending THON, and is something that is often looked over when preparing for the weekend. When attending future THON Weekend’s, refer back to this list of quality footwear to keep you feet energized throughout the event!

Allie is a PSU student studying Public Relations & minoring in Recreation, Parks & Tourism Management. In her free time she enjoys listening to music, traveling, reading, and painting!