This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Walking to class can be something to dread, especially if it is freezing or early in the morning. 

Listening to music always boosts my mood and makes my walk to class enjoyable, even if I am walking all the way across campus.

Here are a list of songs that might make walking less dreadful this semester.

This song will always put me in a good mood. It has a fun beat and makes me walk faster. Actually, this whole album puts you in a good mood.

Whether you need a pick-me-up after a rough class or are trying to put yourself in a good mood before your day starts, Beyoncé is always a good way to go.

Anything Harry Styles puts out, makes your day better. “Cinema” has a good beat that makes you want to dance and would improve any walk to class.

SZA’s latest album “SOS” has no skips and makes the walk to class much more enjoyable.

This song will help you romanticize your walk to class. In the cold or just when it is becoming springtime as the weather is getting nicer, this song will make you actually enjoy getting up early and walking to class.

Speaking of romanticizing, you can pretend you’re in an early 2000s rom-com while walking to class. Your main character moment will be in full swing and it will put you in a better mood.

Taylor Swift can make anything enjoyable. This song will speed up your walk and make even the coldest of days fun.

You can pretend you’re in a TV show, like “Gossip Girl,” while walking to class. The beat will make you move quicker while also feeling good before you get to class.

The perfect spring semester song. The world is thawing, spring is beginning and summer is so close. Listening to this while walking to class gives you hope that warm weather is coming!

Now this song is the ultimate end of the school year, start of the summer song. This song starts off season two episode one of “Gossip Girl”,” their summer in the Hamptons. Those who have watched the show will understand the vibe of this song and why it’s imperative to listen to it in order to get in the summer mood.

Okay, last “Gossip Girl” related song. But this fun and upbeat song will make the walk to class even better while also picturing the scene from “Gossip Girl” — it’s in if you watched.

Another Harry Styles song, but for a good reason. Honestly, no words necessary. Give it a listen.

Miley’s new song has become so popular, as it should. It is an empowering and fun listen. It makes you feel powerful as you walk across campus and ready for any challenge that can be thrown your way.

Another Lorde song, but it’s worth it. This song will have you walking to class feeling good and ready for anything.

This is only a small list of fun songs that will make your day more enjoyable, especially those long walks to class during the winter.

Happy listening!

Olivia Pettyjohn is a fourth-year journalism major at Penn State, planning to graduate in 2024.