Pinterest Tutorial: Chalkboard Wine glasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I recently made these wine glasses for my parent’s 25th wedding anniversary. They were very easy to make and my parents loved them.

What you will need:

–       Wine glasses (I got mine from the dollar section in Target)

–       Painter’s tape

–       Paintbrush

–       Chalkboard paint

–       Wax paper

Step 1:

Place the tape on the stem of the wine glass, marking how high you want the paint to go up. This will allow the paint to be in a straight line.

Step 2:

The next step is painting and I would say this is definitely up to your personal preference. The directions I was following recommended putting the paint in a container and dipping the base of the glass in the paint. I did that and used a paintbrush to patch up the missing spots. However, the container part of this was awkward and I think it would have been better to just use a paintbrush

**Make sure to paint both sides of the base with the chalkboard paint so it is not streaky.**

Step 3:

Drying is a big part in making sure the wineglasses come out nice. After you apply paint to both sides of the base, place the wineglasses base down on wax paper. Let them dry like this for several hours, checking on them to make sure it doesn’t get stuck to the paper. After the top of the base is dry enough not to run down the stem, you can turn the glass upside down so the bottom can dry.

Step 4:

Repeat step 2 until you are satisfied with the chalk surface. I did three layers on mine.

Step 5:

Carefully remove the tape once everything is dry and your chalkboard wineglasses are ready to go!

Maddie is a junior at Penn State pursuing a major in Public Relations with a minor in Business. She is from Timonium, MD. She loves all things pop culture and hopes to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.