This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you’re a college student like me and can’t afford to buy expensive skin and hair care products but still want to look your best, I’ve got you covered. Garnier offers products that are formulated with the best ingredients for your skin – all at an affordable price. Here’s a list of my top three products you need to try:  

1. Micellar Water ($8.99)

If you’ve never tried this product, I highly encourage you to do so – it’s suitable for any skin type. Not only does it remove your makeup way better than a makeup remover wipe, but it also contains less harmful chemicals for your skin. If you don’t wear makeup, you can still use it to clean your skin before or after washing your face. Believe it or not, most of the times when you wash your face, there’s still a lot of dirt or makeup left on your skin that can turn into bacteria. By pouring this product into a cotton pad and rubbing it all over your face and neck, you can be safe of any impurities in your skin. This is an all-around great product that’s a must-have for every beauty lover out there. 

2. Soothing Facial Mist with Rose Water ($6.99)

If your skin needs a little boost (especially with the cooler months approaching), then this is the product for you. After spraying this on your face, you’ll feel like you’re right out of the spa and your skin will look healthy and moisturized. Even if you have oily skin like I do, don’t shy away from this product – it’s formulated without any sort of oils. It can also be used to set your makeup, helping it last longer on your skin and making it look more natural and radiant. If you’ve never tried any facial sprays before, I highly recommend you try this one! It’s affordable and of great quality; you won’t be disappointed! 

3. One-minute hair masks ($2.97)

Garnier recently came out with one-minute hair masks in five different scents: coconut, banana, avocado, papaya and goji. Each mask targets a specific hair concern, which makes it easier to find the best fit for your hair. A few days ago, I tried the nourishing mask with coconut extract and the results were impressive! It made my hair visibly softer and shinier, and the coconut scent was an added bonus. I usually never bother with hair masks because I’m extremely impatient and always want to take it off after five minutes, but what’s so great about these is that you only have to leave them on for one minute before rinsing it off! This makes it more practical and easier to use, so you can have a good hair day even if you’re in a rush! 

Garnier’s got you covered with these amazing and affordable products – so get ready to treat yourself, collegiettes!

I’m a current junior majoring in Journalism and French at Penn State. My dream is to work in publishing after college and go to law school to study corporate law. 
Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.