Noodles, Salads, and Sandwiches From Around the World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

There is no better meal then an all organic, delicious warm meal. Noodles & Company has the convenience of being located downtown, just a couple steps from the White Loop bus stop. Although several upperclassmen were upset that their favorite lounge was traded in for this restaurant, I believe that after they munch down on these noodles all of their negative feelings will go away. You would think with a name like Noodles & Company all you could eat are noodles, right? Wrong! Noodles & Company not only offers a great variety of international plates from Asia, the Mediterranean the Americas, but a slogan to match: “Noodles, Salads & Sandwiches from around the World!” 

As soon as you walk through the doors of this big restaurant, a large menu is displayed with all the scrumptious “bowls” offered. Along with the description of every dish, there is also the amount of calories that each dish has, dedicated for all those who are cautious of their health. After picking between sweet soy sauce, black sesame seeds and truffle oil macaroni and cheese, I had the option of adding steak, chicken, tofu or shrimp. This restaurant is also a wonderful option for vegetarians.

Penn State Freshman Lisa Imperato is a new fan of Noodles & Company. “My friends brought me here a couple weeks ago, and I’ve been in love with this place ever since!” Imperato said. “Every bite of the dish tastes just as good as the last.”

The culture behind the food is something unique to the restaurant that she loves. “I love how every plate is authentic in itself and I don’t have to travel halfway around the world to get the same dish… Since the ingredients are fresh, it raises the quality of the food and makes my taste buds very happy!” Imperato said. And I couldn’t agree more. After finishing my meal, I felt happy to know that I had a full plate of healthy food instead of pizza and fries.

On top of all the great food qualities: the fresh vegetables, no freezer foods and no deep fryer, Noodles & Company has great costumer service. After a speedy order, I was able grab my drink through a high-tech touch screen dispenser and wait for my meal in the comfort of my seat. There is also no need to leave a tip, which is convenient for college students!

Manager of the State College Noodles & Company branch Ed Thompson said he was very surprised what a huge turnout the restaurant has had since its opening on September 5. He also feels that Noodles & Company is a great change to downtown eatery because it gives Penn State students and locals a healthier dining option. What more could you want? 

For more information, check out their website here.

Born and raised by two Nittany Lions, Rachel continued the tradition by attending Penn State University in the fall of 2009. Currently a senior journalism major, Rachel also spends her time minoring in both psychology and Spanish. During her sophomore year she wrote for the Greek newspaper at Penn State as a member of Alpha Xi Delta, followed by joining the Her Campus team as a writer and the Public Relations/Social Media Manager in the fall of her junior year. In search of mastering the Spanish language, Rachel indulged herself in the country of Spain for five months while she studied abroad in the city of Alicante during the spring of 2012. In order to keep her English up to par, Rachel blogged about her experiences for both her personal account and Her Campus at Penn State. With a love for shoes, smiles, and a good bowl of mac and cheese, this social media fiend never leaves her twitter by its lonesome. Follow Rachel @hayhayitsrayray as she pursues her dream as an aspiring magazine editor and world traveler.