My 2023 Spotify Wrapped Predictions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Spotify Wrapped season is near and I’m ready to be called out by my listening stats.

Most people already know about Spotify’s popular campaign: at the end of the year, it shares personalized stats about how many minutes a user has spent listening to music, who are their top artists, albums and music genres. 

If you aren’t a Spotify user, I have no doubt you still know what this is. As everyone always rushes to post their results to their stories and share with their friends, you’ve probably scrolled past a post or two (or twenty).  

With Spotify recently announcing that their stream tracking will extend past Oct. 31, these are some songs I predict will be on my 2023 Spotify wrapped.

“hey stephen” by taylor swift

I have a strong infatuation with Steve Harrington from the Netflix series “Stranger Things” so naturally I listen to this song and pretend I wrote it about him like any other sane person would.

After season four came out last summer and it brought back that infatuation tenfold, this song has been on repeat ever since.

“full machine” by gracie abrams

This is probably on my top three favorite songs ever. I think the lyrics and tone are so pretty and it never fails to make me cry and scream and shamelessly feel bad for myself. I relate to it a little too much so this is another song always on repeat. 

“two punks in love” by Bülow

This song is also part of my top three favorite songs ever. I love the melody and lyrics.

It is probably falls my number one favorite song. It sounds so pretty and if you haven’t heard it, I recommend you give it a listen. 

“say you won’t let go” by james arthur

The last song from my top three favorite songs ever is “Say You Won’t Let Go” by James Arthur.

I know I speak about the lyrics for all the songs from this list, but the words in this one are so personal.

My favorite line is “I wanna live with you even when we’re ghosts.” I feel that it fully embodies the meaning of telling someone you’ll love them forever— which makes me start bawling my eyes out.

“soft” by babygirl

This is one of those songs I discovered from my personalized “New Music Monday” playlist from Spotify. I love the soft melody and I feel that the song is very unique in itself. I don’t know another one that sounds quite like it. 

“for emma” by bon iver

While this song has been out for years, I feel that it is timeless. The lyrics are so beautiful and, although the song is on the shorter side, it never fails to have me in my feels by the end of it.

“happiness is a butterfly” by lana del ray

Lana Del Ray’s music is so ethereal and this is hands down my favorite song of hers.

I listen to it continuously throughout the year, but especially during the fall. I feel that it has a fall vibe to it for some reason and it’s a song I love listening to on my walk to class in the chilly weather.

So, if it’s not already on my stats for this year’s Spotify wrapped, I have no doubt it will get there by the end of this month. 

“dancing with our hands tied” by taylor swift

This song has got to be one of, if not the one, my favorite Taylor Swift songs ever.

I am a “reputation” girl at heart and this song makes me feel everything. I know it’s bound to end up on my 2023 wrapped and hopefully next year “Dancing With Our Hands Tied (Taylor’s Version)” will be on my 2024 wrapped.

“sugar water” by flower face

I discovered this artist a few years back and she quickly became a favorite.

Her melancholic vibe and lyrics made me fall in love with the indie/alternative genre and when she released this song it became a favorite. I love the lyrics and her songwriting technique that makes the story of the song feel personal. 

“phases” by maggie lindemann

Last, but definitely not least, is “Phases” by Maggie Lindemann. I love the lyrics and beat to this one.

It’s also another one that I appreciate the lyrics of because of how perfectly she captures not being wanted in a relationship.

These ten songs are ones that I feel I have most listened to throughout the year and I definitely recommend listening to them if you haven’t already. 

I can’t wait to see everyone’s post later this year and I hope I introduced you to a new song or genre and like one of these enough to have it on replay. If you’re crazy enough and continuously listen, you could get it on your own Spotify wrapped for 2023!

A third-year student at Penn State studying English with a passion for Journalism. When she is not writing, she is making Pinterest boards, painting, curled up with a good book or listening to Taylor Swift!