This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

College can put a strain on your sleep schedule. This usually prompts the typical college student to run to the nearest Starbucks for sleep replacement: caffeine. 

Fear, not coffee addicts, you can finally say goodbye to your toxic relationship with espresso beans by listening to bedtime meditations on the app Insight Timer.

Grab your weighted blankets and set your alarm because these meditations are sure to put you into a trance; or deep slumber, whatever you want to call it.

1. The Perfect Way to Get to Sleep by Tom Evans

This meditation is my personal go-to. Tom has a calm, smooth voice and allows you to reflect and release the stress from your previous day. Most mornings, after listening to it, I feel refreshed.

2. Floating by James Anthony Walker

The meditation I need before bed depends on what type of anxiety I feel throughout the day. Some days I need a voice to guide me away from my thoughts, but other days I need a distracting melody; this meditation is a collection of whimsical sounds and airy tones.

3. I Am Here by Swami Madhuram

This is the final meditation I recommend, as it combines soft horn-like tones with natural elements such as insect chirping and various high and low notes. It presents more of a scene for you to drift into compared to Floating.

Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.