Style > Fashion

Matching Outfits to Wear to the “Eras Tour” with Your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

“The Eras Tour” has officially began! From March 17 to August 9, Taylor Swift will be touring the US at various locations. From Massachusetts to California, millions are anxiously waiting to see Swift perform on tour, something she hasn’t done since 2018.

It’s difficult enough to try and figure out an outfit to wear to Taylor Swift’s “The Eras Tour.” It’s even more difficult to try to find a corresponding outfit with someone, like your significant other. Of course, you could dress in matching colors to correlate with a specific album, but I wanted to go deeper than that.

\So, after some digging and brainstorming, I’ve compiled a list of a few ideas that are sure to knock it out of the park when you head to your concert with your lover.

Miss americana & the heartbreak prince

Inspired by the iconic song off of “Lover,” this idea will be quick to recognize almost immediately by any Swiftie.

This is such a genius concept, and it can work for everyone. Just have one person dress up in a dress, or whatever they want to look fancy, along with a crown and sash that says “Miss Americana.” Then, the person they’re going with can wear a button down and stick a broken heart onto the shirt.

Pair that with a crown and whatever else you want, and you have yourself a “Heartbreak Prince.” I’m very excited to see this idea pan out for the couples I spot at The Eras Tour.

bonnie & clyde

This look is inspired from the lyrics in “Getaway Car” where Swift sings, “We were jet-set, Bonnie and Clyde (oh-oh) until I switched to the other side, to the other side.”

It’s highly likely that a lot of the elements in these outfits are already in your closet. A lot of the halloween costumes inspired by this idea choose neutral colors for their outfits, which are staples for looks today.

This look may not be as quick to distinguish from other couple costumes, but if it’s done well people will understand, since “Getaway Car” is (in my personal opinion) one of the best songs off of “Reputation.”

Traffic light & “i don’t know”

Inspired from the “Death by a Thousand Cuts” lyric, “I ask the traffic lights if it’ll be alright they say, ‘I don’t know,'” this matching outfit is super creative and easy to execute.

While Swifties are known for bringing out fun costumes for tour, the costume below may be too overwhelming for your big day. This can be simplified into just a black dress or shirt with a red, yellow and green fabric secured onto it.

Then, another person can have a sign that says “I don’t know” to wear around their neck or hold. They don’t really need to have any special aspect of their outfit. If your significant other might not want to go all out, this is perfect for them.

folklore & evermore

The sister albums. In order to make this work, you need to wear the right colors. This is similar to what a lot of people are doing with their outfits by matching an album of their choosing, but with the two of you together it makes perfect sense.

Whoever is pinned as “Folklore” would wear light colors like white, grey and pale green to match the overall aesthetic of the album. If you can throw in the coveted cardigan that everyone struggles to get their hands on, that would be a huge plus.

Then, “Evermore” would wear more neutral, earthy tones including oranges, browns and deep reds. Some glimmer can even be included to tie in the energy of “gold rush” or “champagne problems.”

Here’s inspiration for both albums.

Taylor swift & taylor lautner in “valentine’s day”

I go back to December all the time.

I just watched this movie on Valentine’s Day, and I think this idea would be something out of the box that not many people would do. It’s a very simple look, too! You just need to find matching track and field outfits with red as the primary color, and you’re set.

Good luck finding outfits for your show(s)!

Shannon is a junior from East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania majoring in broadcast journalism with a minor in sports studies. She loves La La Land, rom-coms, and the music industry (Taylor Swift). Follow her on Twitter @shantanczos!