This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As a plant-based foodie, it is extremely difficult to find a Penn State dining hall option that isn’t pizza, pasta, or a raw vegetable salad. Luckily for me, the White Loop takes me right down to the motherland of every cuisine one could ask for. There is a plethora of places to choose from in downtown State College. Convenience is key, and even more, the cheaper, the better. However, sometimes I need to be whisked away to the stress-free land of sushi’s sweet embrace.  

After a long week of classes, buffets, and homework, I have an itch to just be served. I want to sit back and let food magically appear in front of me. Tadashi creates a laid-back, no rush experience. The service is absolutely not slow, rather, I never feel as if they are prolonging my incredible experience. Let us also take a moment to appreciate Tadashi’s ambience. Whether you are planning a boujee girl’s night out or a cute date, Tadashi has you covered. 

Tadashi is relatively expensive. Let’s be real, what else do we expect from a sushi restaurant? Pricing can vary from $4.50 per roll to $17 for a “signature roll.”  Before you gasp at this steep price, I can assure you that the Signature Rolls are decked out

State College townie and Penn State first-year student, Jess, says, “It is reasonably priced for sushi. For it being the only option, they could really up charge people, but they don’t.” You can buy cheap sushi from Findlay Market or the local gas station, but it comes at the cost of uncertainty and a possible night with your face in the toilet. When was the last time you were honestly eyeing up that California roll in the 7/11 fridge section?

If the situation is dire and you are in desperate need for a quick sushi fix, the 7/11 California roll may be your last resort.  Luckily for us, there is a better and much safer option–Tadashi.  

Xy26NRf1CTFubqIMjVSjhSPuAuJzscF2mwPnL0 SooPalLm2DBJ9dmxJyyuHf5o TOU9eT5SNztP1NCqFpL

Vegetable Ramen and Ebi Don

One perk about Tadashi is the convenience of two locations, one of West College Avenue and the other on South Atherton. If you’re looking for a traditional, dine-in experience, head to the Atherton location. For a quicker Tadashi experience, turn around and go to College Ave. The takeout is efficient and offers easy pickup. Especially for those nights when I need to recharge my social battery, a quick call to Tadashi is a life-saver.   

As1FpqdI6iJrfrOJ4Y7QXoDvnJ0bJ0zd6Fbt2 8UuEmZ55DCM2c30 mgIkvUzajfHgDuYyCghffRI1WbVYI42BJVUhvI3vTvtUf8Y4jo9tEY8RvgUDMOKsJMO3jXZwUG20r wdw=s0

My top picks from Tadashi on College Avenue:

1. Vegetable Ramen 
  2. Kimchi Steamed Buns 
  3. Ebi Don (stir fried spicy shrimp over rice)

My top picks from Tadashi on Atherton:

1. Crispy Tofu Bowl
  2. Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl
  3. Any of the classic rolls… so simple, yet so delicious
I am a first year student studying political science. My two loves are cooking and being outside. I love my two pets Winnie, a chocolate lab, and Craig, a beta fish. When I am not studying in my room, you will probably find me outside playing tennis, walking, or doing yoga. I am originally from State College, PA. <3