CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
Style > Beauty

Lippies 101: Lip Products I Swear By

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Lip products, often nicknamed “lippies,” are arguably the most important part of any makeup routine. No matter if I’m going to a formal or just walking to class, I always have some form of product on my lips.

For many women, including myself, using lip products makes me feel good no matter where I’m going. 

If you’re like me and love taking care of (and doing) your lips, here are a few of my favorite lippies that I can’t live without.

Dior lip oil

Starting off controversial, this lip oil is the longest-lasting one I have ever used. What makes this lip oil so fantastic are its shades.

Cherry and Raspberry have made my lips look the best they’ve ever looked. It’s not sticky, and no matter the shade you choose the shine you get from the oil is unmatched.

Although many complain about its high price point, this is 100% worth the money and my favorite lip oil I have ever tried.

Benetint

This is the most underrated product on this list. I think I have Benetint on at all times.

What I love about Benetint is that it takes three seconds to put on and your lips completely change. It’s truly an unmatched lippie — it’s long-lasting, effective and gifts your lips a natural-looking shade that enhances any lip look.

Benetint with Dior Lip Oil (or any lip oil) is my go-to everyday combo. It also makes a fantastic blush.

laneige lip sleeping mask

Laneige is a fantastic brand for lip products — their Berry Lip Balm is one of my favorites.

However, their holy grail product is most definitely their Lip Sleeping Mask. I have used this product every night for as long as I can remember and, as far as I know, my lips haven’t been chapped since.

This product has made my lips feel fuller and healthier. The best part is that it’s affordable and takes forever to run out.

Summer Fridays Lip Balm

I know. You’ve probably heard countless influencers rave about how good this product is over social media.

However, it’s completely true. This is probably my favorite lip balm I have ever used. It’s extremely hydrating and lasts forever.

My favorite part is that it smells amazing.

Clinique Black Honey

What makes Black Honey so unique is that it just upgrades your natural lip color, which makes it suitable for everyone. It’s also the most moisturizing lipstick I’ve ever used.

Black Honey is a great lip product if you want shade enhancement and balm-like hydration. The results look amazing on any pair of lips.

Aquaphor

Although not technically a “lippie,” I swear by Aquaphor. I am a diehard Aquaphor fan.

Healing and moisturizing? It cannot be beaten. It’s the epitome of lip care.

No matter what form you use, it will always keep your lips hydrated and cared for.

I would defend all of these lippies with my life. Hopefully, you give them a try and end up loving them as much as me!

Sarah Weins is a freshman at Penn State studying Journalism and Public Relations.