Lil Wayne Entertains

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

After a long anticipated wait, the ‘I Am Music II’ Tour finally arrived at the Bryce Jorda
n Center on Wednesday night, giving Penn State students more than just a great show. As if performances by Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross and Travis Barker weren’t enough, the jam-packed BJC crowd was also given the chance to see Nicki Minaj perform a lap dance for a fan on stage and listen to Weezy give them some personal and inspirational words of wisdom.

Lil Wayne first appeared on stage amidst a spectacle of flashing lights and screaming fans rapping his hit song, “I’m Going In.”  Wearing jeans and a white t-shirt, Weezy kept true to his signature look, except for one new addition: a white Penn State hat. His performance continued with an assortment of songs, including old ones such as “Go D.J.” and more recent ones like “6 foot 7 foot” and his famous rebuttal to Wiz Khalifa, “Green and Yellow.” 

After Lil Wayne’s act followed an equally incredible performance by Nicki Minaj. Scenes from the movie “Gladiator” played all over the screens at the BJC as a person in a brown robe walked across the stage. The crowd, bewildered at first, burst into cheers when Nicki Minaj appeared from under the stage.
After performing a couple of songs, including “Roman’s Revenge” and “Moment For Life,” Nicki told the crowd that it was time to give her male fans some more attention. She looked around the crowd and then pointed. “Yeah you with the long hair,” she said, “come up here.” Soon after the lucky fan stepped on stage, Nicki proceeded to give him a very up close and personal lap dance.

Nicki’s lap dance wasn’t the only thing that surprised the audience. DJ Khaled, Lil Twist, Birdman and Shanell all were surprise guests on tour, and performed alongside the headliners throughout the night.
Despite the emphasis Lil Wayne places on drugs, alcohol and partying in a majority of his songs, his appearance at the BJC revealed a different persona. When he spoke to the audience, he stressed the importance of an education and commended Penn State students for doing what they do.

He also expressed his appreciation for his fans and thanked everyone that attended the concert. “Make some noise for your motherf***ing selves because without you there’s no me,” said Wayne. Then, after free styling to an awestricken audience, Wayne said, “I’m Weezy F baby and I do it all for ya’ll.” The audience was hooked.