This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you have a TikTok account, you’re definitely well aware of the fact that Meghan Trainor is trending almost 24/7 on the platform. 

It’s no secret that TikTok has an absolute chokehold on the music industry through trendy songs that correspond with dances and challenges. 

And when you combine trending music with a greatly entertaining personal platform, the cutest family and Chris Olsen as your bestie, you get … Meghan Trainor, a TikTok superstar. 

Something about saying “TikTok superstar” and “Meghan Trainor” in the same sentence feels wrong. Let me rephrase. 

*Clears throat*

From “on-the-rise popstar” to “TikTok superstar” is more like it. 

According to Dailymail.com, “The US pop star and Australian Idol judge, 27, shot to global fame in 2014 with her Grammy winning single “All About That Bass,” but subsequently battled to replicate the same success. However, she finally enjoyed a major comeback this year after her new single “Made You Look” went viral on TikTok as part of a dance challenge.”

And ever since then, song after song has been a hit for Trainor on the platform. 

Trainor’s newest song, “Mother,” features a music video released on Friday, March 10th. It’s currently ranked #11 in trending music on YouTube. 

But the best part is, none other than Kris Jenner stars alongside Trainor in the video. 

Um. Genius

Mother music video

If you live under a rock, Jenner is “momager” to arguably the most famous family in America at the moment: The Kardashians and Jenners. 

The catchy song is surprisingly not about being a mother, even though it might sound like it. 

According to rollingstones.com, Trainer said, “This song is my response to being in the industry for almost a decade now and still finding myself in situations where I am talked down to or made to feel like my opinion isn’t valid. It’s for anyone who is in a situation where they feel like they are being mansplained to and want to take their power back.” 

The song comes in perfect timing with the announcement of Trainor’s second child with husband Daryl Sabara, which the couple announced on social media earlier this year (today.com).

Baby number 2 is allegedly expected to arrive in June or July of this year.

The music video of “Mother” begins with Trainor singing the opening verse, and shortly after comes Jenner dressed in a white gown, diamonds covering her chest and ears, and a blonde version of her absolutely iconic pixie cut. 

*chefs kiss* 

I would like to personally applaud the creative director of this music video for their genius thinking skills with having Jenner onboard the project. 

@meghantrainor

@krisjenner IS MY MOTHER AND IVE BEEN ADPOTED 🖤 #iamyourmother #mother

♬ Mother – Meghan Trainor
Trainor via TikTok

Anything with Jenner’s face is certain to grab the public eye. I mean look at her, she’s an absolute icon whether you like the Kardashian/Jenner family or not. 

Back in 2018, Jenner starred in Ariana Grande’s “Thank You Next” music video, which played a funny spin on the movie “Mean Girls.” Jenner played the role of Amy Poehler, acting as Grande’s mother while she performed on stage. 

Her iconic “Thank you Next, B****” at the conclusion of the video will forever be remembered in pop culture history. 

I mean really, what better person to have played the role, other than America’s very own mother? 

Allison is a senior at Penn State University, studying Public Relations with a minor in Digital Media Trends and Analytics. When she isn't writing for Her Campus, you can catch her cooking, making coffee, reading or staying updated while watching her favorite YouTube vloggers.