Style > Beauty

Jeffree Star x Shane Dawson : The Collab We all Wanted Finally Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you are like me and obsessed with every YouTube series, scandal or show. You have most definitely heard the names Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson. These two friends have collaborated to create The Conspiracy Palette. Shane’s most recent YouTube series revolves around the process that went into creating the palette from scratch with Jeffree Star. The collection includes the following products:

• The Conspiracy Palette

• The Mini-Controversy Palette

• 6 liquid lipsticks

• A pig handheld mirror 

The third episode, in this nine part series, Shane revealed the colors that would be featured in The Conspiracy Palette and The Mini- Controversy Palette along with their shade names. There are going to be 18 shades in the large palette and nine shades in the mini palette. Each shade has an iconic name that relates to Shane and his past on youtube.

Shane has definitely not come to play because the shades he chose to feature in his palette are truly amazing. Each shade was half approved and is only waiting to be fully approved when it looks perfect on the eye. I  have picked a few colors that convinced me I need to purchase this palette. The colors include the iconic shade ‘Conspiracy’ which is what the palette is named after, which means this a very important shade– it is a gold shimmer shade. The second shade I am obsessed with is ‘Just a Theory’ which a maroon shimmer shade based off the shirt Shane wears in his conspiracy theory videos on his channel. My next favorite shade is ‘Ranch’, thiis is a gorgeous metallic white color which, I can already tell, has a fantastic formula. These are just a few of the shades that I am super excited for in the palette. I feel the variety of shades will be able to create a number of looks for the artists buying Shane’s palette.

I am definitely excited to see more of the collection. The lipstick shades are the next products in the collection that will be revealed in the docu-series. In this episode we also learned a lot about all the details that are being put into Shane’s entire collection. This includes the packaging of the palette. Shane showed his thought process of the vintage TV layout. He also revealed that each shade in the palette was going to be stamped with specific images all relating to the shade name. These specific details really show the creative genius that Shane is, the process that goes into the creation of a makeup collection is not easy and I think we all have learned a lot from the episodes already revealed in this series.

From the first episode of this series I knew I was hooked and needed to purchase at least one product from this collection. Now after watching and researching Shane and Jeffree’s entire year that it took to create this collection I know how passionate they are about their work. I am excited for the upcoming episodes in the series.

I am a Junior at Penn State studying Public Relations with a minor in Digital Media Trends and Analytics. I love fashion, food, and anything beauty-related which can be found a common trend throughout my articles.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.