Jake Leadbetter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Name: Jake Leadbetter

Year: Senior

Major: Turfgrass Science

Hometown: Corsica, Pa.

This week’s cutie is a country boy who can impress you on the dance floor and strum his way into your heart! His sweet and outgoing personality made him a perfect choice as a Moraler for THON 2013, and his major might be one of the coolest programs at Penn State. His job has some pretty awesome perks, too – think: all access pass to the home of our Nittany Lions!

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

Jake: I’ve been involved with THON for the past two years, and I work at Beaver Stadium as a member of the Grounds Crew.

HC: Wait, so you actually get paid to hang out in Beaver Stadium?

Jake: Yeah, it’s pretty great. I’m also a member of the Turf Club and on the Penn State Turfbowl Team.

HC: And that would be…?

Jake: A nationally competing team that goes against the top turf grass programs in the country. We take tests all year to practice, and then everyone takes a trip to Nationals. This year, it’s in Daytona, Fla.

HC: Sign us up, please! Any other interesting hobbies?

Jake: Playing guitar, golf, and hunting.

HC: What’s your go-to serenading song on the guitar?

Jake: Glass by Thompson Square.

HC: Sounds like you’re a pretty big country fan. What is the best concert you’ve ever seen?

Jake: Definitely Jason Aldean and Eric Church in Hershey, Pa., April 30, 2011.

HC: Name your favorite quality in a girl.

Jake: Sense of humor.

HC: And the biggest turn-off is…

Jake: Smoking and being late.

HC: Any advice to offer on dating in college?

Jake: Don’t do it.

HC: What will you always order at the bar?

Jake: Jack and Coke.

HC: Name one random fact about yourself that always impresses people.

Jake: I can tear up the dance floor.

HC: What thing(s) will you miss the most about Penn State?

Jake: Weekends, football games, the atmosphere…

(Sounds like nostalgia is setting in already…we feel it too Jake, we do.)

Junior at Penn State University studying Public Relations, Spanish and International Studies. Proud writer for HerCampus PSU. Anxiously anticipating studying abroad this spring semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina! Boston-bound following graduation in May 2014.
Born and raised by two Nittany Lions, Rachel continued the tradition by attending Penn State University in the fall of 2009. Currently a senior journalism major, Rachel also spends her time minoring in both psychology and Spanish. During her sophomore year she wrote for the Greek newspaper at Penn State as a member of Alpha Xi Delta, followed by joining the Her Campus team as a writer and the Public Relations/Social Media Manager in the fall of her junior year. In search of mastering the Spanish language, Rachel indulged herself in the country of Spain for five months while she studied abroad in the city of Alicante during the spring of 2012. In order to keep her English up to par, Rachel blogged about her experiences for both her personal account and Her Campus at Penn State. With a love for shoes, smiles, and a good bowl of mac and cheese, this social media fiend never leaves her twitter by its lonesome. Follow Rachel @hayhayitsrayray as she pursues her dream as an aspiring magazine editor and world traveler.