Style > Decor

Interior Design Ideas Based on Your Favorite 2023 Album

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you still haven’t decided how you’d like to decorate your living space this school year, why not match your room’s energy with your favorite album of the year so far?

I know I need time to live in my new room before deciding how to decorate it.

If you’re like me, here are some style ideas for your living space based on your favorite new music.

“One Thing at a Time:” Coastal

A coastal bedroom is fit for the easygoing spirit who tuned in to hear “One Thing At A Time” by Morgan Wallen. To pull this look off, your room will need lots of blue and white with hints of gold and some spiky greenery. 

“The Record:” Industrial

Industrial style is characterized by neutral color palettes and rustic wood, metal or leather furniture. Boygenius’ “The Record” has a rock ‘n’ roll feel while still managing to provide its listener with a sense of comfort, much like industrial style.

“Love Sick:” Gothic

Don Toliver’s “Love Sick” features a range of moods from slow and sensual songs to upbeat New Jersey-influenced house beats. A color palette featuring deep jewel tones and dark furniture sets the “Love Sick” tone for your room. 

“Like…?:” Hollywood Glamour

After the release of “Like..?” Ice Spice proved that she is here to stay, declaring she is the new princess of rap with “Princess Diana.” There’s no style more fit for a princess than Hollywood Glam. To achieve this look, your room should feature reflective surfaces, plenty of rich materials like velvet or satin and crystal accents.

“Red Moon in Venus:” Bohemian

Bohemian style is known for bold colors, mix-matched patterns and a “more is more” mindset, much like Kali Uchis’ “Red Moon in Venus.” She boldly expressed her emotions like a bohemian bedroom can express yours.

“There’s a Tunnel under Ocean Blvd:” French Country

“Born to Die,” Lana Del Rey’s debut album, released 11 years ago, and her newest release “Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd” still references her earlier work. Lana’s music will never get old to her fans, much like a French Country styled room will never go out of style. Simple furniture with delicate patterns are easy to find and easier to put together. 

“Let’s Start Here:” eclectic

Eclectic could also be used to describe Lil Yachty’s newest album, “Let’s Start Here.” Borrowing from multiple genres to create a blend for music lovers, “Let’s Start Here” is a clean transition away from mainstream rap for Lil Yachty. An eclectic style bedroom captures different categories, but the key to pulling off the perfect eclectic bedroom is blending them together.

“Clear 2: Soft Life:” Rustic

Summer Walker is known for the traditional, catchy R&B music we hear on the radio, but “Clear 2: Soft Life” is a more stripped down record. Her soulful style captures the essence of a rustic interior. It’s not a polished, sleek look and it requires natural elements like stones and plants to pull it off. 

Decorating a blank room can be overwhelming, especially if you’re short on inspiration.

Hopefully these suggestions lead you in the right direction.

I'm Xandra Adams-Dennis, I'm a third year digital and print journalism major with a digital media trending analytics minor. This is my first year writing for HerCampus. I'm from Mount Pocono, PA, I'm 20 years old and I love writing. I love to crochet and binge tv series in my free time.