This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With the holidays quickly approaching, the world has begun to revolve around gift shopping. It can be difficult to find the perfect gift for everyone. To make your holidays a little less stressful and a little more fun, here is my list of the best inexpensive finds to make any holiday exchange amazing! You might even be convinced to pick something up for yourself.

For your Funny Friend

If you are looking for a gag gift that will be a winner at any white elephant, here are some of the best options that are both cute and relatively inexpensive. 

The Toilet Light: 

This is not only a hilarious gift for just about anyone, but it also serves a practical purpose. Whenever I exchange gag gifts, I usually end up regifting it or throwing it out because it serves no real purpose. 

In this case, I wouldn’t hesitate to set it up right away. It will make anyone laugh, and will transform any bathroom into a college boy’s bedroom. Plus, it’s only $13. 

Baguette Slippers:

Now, these will definitely be a crowd pleaser. It is the type of gift that everyone wants, but only one person can have. 

These are not only an iconic fashion statement, but also they are also extremely cozy. Similar to the toilet light, these will last well past the holiday season, and they will definitely be the talk of the town. 

A pair goes anywhere from $15-20, so they are perfect for any low-budget exchange, while still remaining a high-quality gift.

For your Trendy Friend

Everyone has that friend whose style is beyond perfect. 

Their purchases tend to be perfectly in tune with their style and decor aesthetic, which makes shopping for them especially frustrating. Here are a couple of cute gifts that any stylish friend will love. 

Oil Diffuser: 

You can never go wrong shopping in the decor section at Target. This simple but elegant oil diffuser is perfect for any high-fashion friend. 

They have a couple of different scent and color options, and they’re only $15. You might even be tempted to get one for yourself. 

Salt Lamp:

Salt lamps are definitely making a comeback, but they tend to be overpriced. They’re cute, classy, and perfectly trendy. At Target they are only $12, so it is perfect for any gift exchange — especially because it is a hot item.

For your Siblings

I know how hard it can be to shop for siblings — especially boys, as they’re usually very picky. Here are some items that will be sure to please even the most stubborn of siblings. 

Flannel Jacket:

This trending Tik Tok jacket is perfect for any brother or sister who loves flannel. My brothers, in particular, would love nothing more than an everyday jacket that can be worn in any weather.

I bought this same jacket a few months ago, and it has proved to be a great investment. They come in a couple of different colors and styles, and are only about $30. 

Homesick Candles:

These candles are perfect for any candle-loving sibling. They sell candles for all 50 states, each with a unique scent. These candles are so special because they provide a sense of nostalgia for one’s home state. 

They are $35, so they could work for an exchange with a higher budget. They also have a selection of specialty candles for any occasion you can think of.

Happy gifting!

Current Senior at PSU UP. I live right outside of DC in Bethesda, MD and I am on track to be an Advertising and Public Relations major with a minor in Business I love sitcoms, stand-up and spend my time hanging out with friends and traveling.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.