This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

“I can buy myself flowers, write my name in the sand, talk to myself for hours, say things you don’t understand, I can take myself dancing, and I can hold my own hand.”

Happy Valentine’s Day from one of the happiest single people out there.

Growing up, during the Valentine’s Day season I was always influenced, whether it was through the media, what I saw in stores and advertising, or even through what people were saying around me.

“Who’s your valentine?” “Do you have someone special this year?”

As I get older I can proudly say, hell yeah, I do have a valentine: myself.

In recent years, I have found a new love for myself. I have gained the confidence I have been dreaming of for years and I didn’t need a significant other to show me that I actually deserve to be happy, it’s simply an ongoing journey of self discovery.

Most of the credit does have to go to Spotify, though. Going through my first breakup was hard, but the music I found to distract myself went even harder. From angry girl pop rock to self love jazz, I have been able to find my personal outlet in music.

This Valentine’s Day, don’t let yourself pout about being single. Show yourself some love and find some new feel good, confidence boosting music to play on February 14, or any day after that you might need that little self-love reminder.

Here’s a few suggestions ranging from confidence boosters to self-love soothers.

Hot girl anthems

Sometimes we need a reminder about how hot we are. Here are a few suggestions to get confidence ball rolling.

Starting off strong, Kailee Morgue’s message might be blunt, but hey, you are!

This song is an ultimate main-character-hot-girl-walking-campus anthem. If you didn’t believe you were hot before, give this song a listen and get back to me.

Ashe giving us the feminist, “idgaf” attitude is everything you might need on a low confidence day.

Life is good

Every once in a while every should remind themselves how good life can actually be. The world is a better place with you in it. Here are a few songs that fit that vibe.

Sammy Rae & the Friends is my absolute most favorite band. All of their songs are feel-good and amazing, but this song specifically is best for dancing around your room in front of your mirror.

Thank you, Maude Latour, I currently am 19 in my sophomore spring, and I will be enjoying every single second of it.

Need that extra little reminder to enjoy life? Ellie Dixon does such a great job highlighting the the small joys of life.

Love me better than you can

Slightly anti-Valentine, but nevertheless sometimes you need to let out that inner female rage. Go ahead, girl, you’ve earned it.

Did you think I wrote the title for this article and wasn’t going to include the self-love anthem of the year?

Abigail Barlow makes great points in this one, major happily single girl boss moment.

I <3 Me

Sometimes we forget how much we can get along with ourselves. Be happy with your best partner (yourself) and give these cute self-love songs a listen.

Everything about you is amazing, and the band Lawrence will always remind you how beautiful you are.

You are the best person to have been chosen to be you. Take a second and realize that you have the best valentine this year.

Recently relationship culture is taking over, and that can feel overwhelming. Hopefully these confidence boosters and self-love anthems can help you be comfortable being single this Valentine’s Day.

Maggie is a sophomore film production student from Easton, PA. When she isn't busy with school, writing, film work, and clubs like Blue & White Society and Delta Kappa Alpha, Maggie loves listening to new songs on Spotify and hanging out with friends.