Hottest Hairstyles for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Spring is officially here, so it’s time to put down the straightener you used all winter and try some new hairstyle ideas that are ideal for the warm weather.

The Slicked Ponytail: Up and coming pop star Jessie J wore this super slicked ponytail to the 2012 Grammy Awards and the trend has been popping up all over the runway. This style great if you want to bring attention to a smoky-eye shadow look or make a bright red lip color pop.

Bring a Fresh Look to the Typical Ponytail: When you want to get the hair off of your face and neck you can spice up a normal ponytail with a cute braid to add something different. Try this easy style like Jennifer Morrison did for the TCA Winter Press Tour. The braid instantly makes this look chic.

Go for Loose, Beachy Waves: This spring, let your hair relax from the hot iron and blow dryer and let it go au-natural. Kate Hudson is a pro at attaining these effortless loose waves in her hair. You can wear them on a run to the store or to go out at night with your friends.

Keeping up with Kornrows: If you’re really feeling adventurous, you could take a tip from the Kardashians and try cornrows. They’re harder to achieve than the other trends, but effective at keeping the hair off your face. Kim showed off her and little sister Kendall’s cornrows on Twitter. While Kendall’s are more subtle, Kim’s style is sure to turn heads.