Here’s Everything We Know About Taylor Swift’s “The Eras” Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Taylor Swift’s “The Eras” tour finally kicked off in Glendale, Arizona on March 17, and there is so much to discuss. It has been almost five years since Swift’s last tour, but she certainly didn’t get rusty on her hiatus. So, let’s break this concert down, era by era.

The biggest question about the tour was the setlist, and Taylor made sure to cover all her bases. With 44 songs, the concert was over three hours long, lasting from 8 p.m. to 11:15 p.m. Every single album was featured, and even some unexpected songs were performed.

The show opened with Swift’s album “Lover,” with stunning visuals from music videos and songs like “Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince,” and “Cruel Summer.” Swift sported an insanely beautiful bedazzled leotard with matching sparkly boots.

Swift smoothly transitioned into her next era, which was the beloved album, “Fearless.” She sang, arguably, the album’s most popular songs, “Fearless,” “You Belong With Me” and “Love Story.”

The audience was then surprised when Swift moved into her “Evermore” era, she even joked about how everyone on TikTok says she hates the album. Swift definitely gave “Evermore” its chance to shine on stage, singing five songs including, “willow,” and “champagne problems.”

Next, we entered one of my personal favorite eras, “Reputation.” As expected, the stadium was filled with snakes and that bad girl energy we love oh-so well. The standout performance was clearly “Don’t Blame Me.”

Fans were a little bit disappointed to find that Swift only performed one song from “Speak Now,” which was “Enchanted.” “Speak Now” is one of Swift’s most beloved album, and the audience was a little shocked to only hear one song.

“Red” was to follow, where the audience was blessed with Swift’s highly anticipated performance of “All Too Well (10 Minute Version).” She also sang some of the album’s greatest hits like “22” and “I Knew You Were Trouble.”

She then slowed it down and entered the “Folklore” era, singing eight songs, the most she performed from one specific album. She also performed a fan favorite, “Betty,” which fans were very happy to hear.

Then we got the ever-loved “1989” era. Songs like “Style,” “Shake It Off” and “Wildest Dreams,” got the crowd up and dancing. We were also surprised with another fan favorite, “Mirrorball” from the “Folklore” album, most likely meaning Swift will perform a different surprise song each night on tour, which she has done before.

Swift also gave her debut album only a little bit of spotlight. She chose to sing “Tim McGraw,” and that was it for “Taylor Swift.”

Finally, Swift finished out the show with her newest album “Midnights.” Her finale song was “Karma,” and it looked like the entire stadium was showered in glitter.

Aside from the obviously amazing performance, one of the most exciting things about the show was the fans. Everyone in the stadium was dressed to the nines, with meticulously accessorized outfits. “The Eras” tour is not just a concert, it is also clearly a fashion show.

It’s clear to say that “The Eras” tour is going to be one for the books. All of the hell Ticketmaster put fans through might have even been worth it. Swift still has 26 more shows, and I can’t wait to see what else she has in store.

Julia is a Junior at Penn State University studying Telecommunications and Media Industries with a minor in History, she is also Her Campus at PSU's Secretary! She loves all things trendy and pop culture, and hopes to work in the media industry in the future!