This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Ladies, it’s that time of year! Summer has been swept away by fall’s cool breeze and it’s time for us to update our wardrobes to the latest and warmest styles. Three items that will spruce up this brisk transition period are boots, scarves and sweaters. Here are a few students from our campus that model Her Campus fall transition essentials their way!

Boots

Boots are an all-time favorite. We find a way to incorporate them in our outfit year round (hipster shorts and combat boots sound familiar?) They can be worn with anything really. Have a skirt you’ve been dying to wear since you caught that summer sale but afraid it’s too cold? No problem! Stay warm with your boots accessorized with spunky tights or leggings. Ever wanted to wear sweatpants but afraid the styles might clash? Fear not! Rain boots can make any outfit casual. You can always be in style with one of our fall essentials.

Scarves

Scarves are a simple way to stay warm, with style. This light accessory can keep you stay bundled during low temperatures or spruce up your outfit during moderate weather. One of the best things about scarves is the variety! You can find them in short or long styles, thick or thin and about a million and one designs. Scarves are also perfect for any season! So feel free to throw one on with a tank or with a quilted sweater.

Sweaters

Sweaters are probably the most popular transitional season accessory. With various styles (pullover, cardigan and zip ups, just to name a few), sweaters are the ideal accessory to looking fashionable and stay warm. Depending on the weather, sweaters can be used as a light jacket or an additional layer to keep cozy.

Maddie is a junior at Penn State pursuing a major in Public Relations with a minor in Business. She is from Timonium, MD. She loves all things pop culture and hopes to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.